The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates or budgets, usually through superintendents, activities concerned with the construction of civil and underground utilities projects. The PM participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling and implementation. This position provides hands-on construction management experience supporting field construction activities for water and wastewater projects.
Project Management Goals/Expectations
Maintain job profitability. The Project Manager is the Point of Contact for all functions with the project unless clearly delegated by written directive.
1. Work with Superintendents and Foremen to plan, organize and direct daily activities.
2. Ensure that all pre-planning is done and documented prior to actual field work starting:
· Ensure JHA & work plans are completed with safety department and with Superintendent/Foreman involvement.
· Coordinate with Operations Manager to establish pre-planning and pre-con meetings.
· Submittal procurement from all vendors and suppliers.
· Attend preconstruction meetings with GC/Owner and City entities.
· Schedule and plan with Superintendent all operations for the first two weeks of project.
· Execute Subcontracts; only use approved subs and vendors associated with contract.
· Prepare and submit Schedule of Values to client. Procure required traffic control plans and necessary permits.
· Review and approve contract scope and cost values.
· Coordinate / prepare all bonding documents and submit to surety / client.
3. Manage project construction coordination from initiation to closure for multiple construction projects. Direct execution of all aspects of projects, including: pre-bid meetings, proposal preparations, project start-up, contract management, change order management, resource loading, project cost controls, material buy-out, subcontractor management, and cash flow management.
4. Establish and follow-up on electronic and binder document control per standards:
· Accident/incident reports, locate tickets, tool box talks, etc.
· Update as-builts weekly
· Compaction test reports
· Survey cut sheets
· Inspection sign-offs
· Project closeout checklist
5. Project scheduling
· PM/Superintendent. Prepare and update a three week schedule for all projects they are administering on a weekly basis.
· Identify plans changes, schedule, QA/QC, or cost issues
· Address any issues with GC/Owner, during weekly face-to-face appearances with GC.
6. Purchase orders/invoices
· Ensure accuracy of PO/Invoices and track on PO tracking sheet.
· Generate, prepare and submit original PO’s per terms of the contract for assigned project scope, plus A/R collection assistance as needed.
7. Establish and maintain effective client relations to achieve active cooperation, prompt payment and referral/recommendations for additional business opportunities.
8. Work Acquisition:
· Assist in Project Scope Reviews and bid reviews as necessary.
· Estimator training and development
· Marketing of present and future clients.
· Travel to meet customers on-site to confirm future project scope details and to follow up on completed projects to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
· Act as a leader within the organization as it relates to business development, bid preparation, selling and closing new work, and building new client relationships
9. Provide oversight of project teams ensuring that all safety regulations are met and enforced; bottom line responsibility for safety with all contractors and company personnel at all times.
· Perform site safety inspections (one per month minimum)
· Ensure Accident/Incident reports are completed timely through the safety department
10. Provide process improvements, maintain cost control, and ensure profitability of projects.
11. Ensure consistent adherence to contract terms such as: pricing, cost, quality, environmental compliance, reporting requirements, documentation of service provided, etc.
12. Lead implementation of best practices in operations to ensure consistency of services being delivered from site to site and project to project. Oversee QA/QC program for all assigned projects.
13. Identify, select and monitor the work of subcontractors.
14. Must have a clean driving record
15. Is expected to travel 3-4 days out of the month and visit job sites weekly.
Pay rate Dependent on Experience. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid time off, Paid Holidays
Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test and have a valid driver license.
***NO RECRUITERS PLEASE***
Integrated Water Services, Inc. (IWS) specializes in the Design-Build and Construction of onsite water and wastewater treatment systems throughout the United States. IWS leverages its extensive experience in permitting, engineering, construction, project management, and site development to provide a range of services and variety of technologies to clients. Projects range in size from residential estates to industrial and commercial developments