Provides technical leadership to the Engineering department. Functions as a technical advisor providing specialized advice of an advanced technological nature for solving broad technical problems. Performs systems analysis and design on new programs and proposal efforts. Has proven advanced technical capabilities in Geospatial Information Systems and Simulation disciplines and detailed knowledge of systems & software engineering techniques used in the modeling and simulation industry. Provides technical support within the Engineering department while also assisting Marketing and New Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide technical support of all phases and types of work performed by the department.
- Has wide authority on technical matters covering both software and hardware.
- Focus on long-term technical aspects and processes.
- Provide technical support throughout the business development Lead to Award process.
- Lead the design activities and be the overall design authority during the Capture and Proposal phase of a program. After contract award, lead the design activities on a program into the Detailed Design phase.
- Define “how” the training system can be structured to best comply with the Customer Requirements, including the extent of re-use of existing components and equipment.
- Identify risk and cost driving design issues to support the Solution Development, Project Planning, Monitoring & Control and Risk Management processes.
- Work closely with program, product and functional management to guide technical direction and ensure that the training system meets schedule and cost requirements.
- Stay current in industry advances. Research new simulation methods and system architectures.
- Represent CAE USA at industry technical forums and customer oral presentations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Must possess 10+ years’ experience in the simulation or Geospatial industry
- Ability to perform requirements analysis and translate customer high level requirements into derived requirements, create systems solutions, and conceptual designs
- Works on both new business / proposal phase and after contract award
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, technical specifications, proposals, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and respond to questions from senior management, peers, and customers
- Commensurate with engineering degree
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- INCOSE CSEP Certification
- Certification of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Certified Agile Scrum Master
- LEAN 6Sigma Certification
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
- This job operates in an office environment and manufacturing facility
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Moderate to high levels of stress, associated with technical, schedule, and customer issues are to be expected with this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit down for long lengths of time
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work overtime as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an EOE/AA employer and give consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Unmatched on a global scale, CAE USA continues to help define worldwide training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defense force readiness, and enhance patient safety. • More than half of CAE USA employees served in the military and we are consistently recognized as a great place to work for Veterans.
CAE USA has grown exponentially in the last year and continues to do so. Since last fall, our organization has grown by 65% - We went from 1,000 to 2,200 employees, and from 21 to 67 active sites both CONUS/OCONUS.
CAE USA is growing not only from a numbers perspective, but from a capabilities standpoint as well. In 2018, CAE USA established a separate business unit named CAE USA Mission Solutions Inc. This business unit is a subsidiary of CAE USA and operates under a Proxy Agreement with the United States Government. The Proxy Agreement enables Mission Solutions to pursue and execute special Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
CAE USA Mission Solutions focuses on the following market segments:
-Operations and Support Services
-Space & Missile Defense
-Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) services
-Assistance & Advisory Support Services
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment where all employees are valued, respected, safe, and rewarded. We value the contribution and talent of each of our employees as they help us achieve the culture to which we aspire. Our five CAE values are the essence of our identity and guide our actions every day. These values shape our company culture, balanced around our key stakeholders: employees, customers and shareholders.