BECOME AN OWENSBORO HEALTH PHYSICIAN
When you are part of the Owensboro Health medical group, you become part of a team of more than 220-health care providers who use the latest technologies, innovations and protocols. As an Owensboro Health physician, you also practice in a thriving, 18-county area where your talent and dedication to heal people makes a deeper impact.
Owensboro Health Outpatient Internal Medicine Opportunity:
- $260,000 base salary, plus RVU productivity bonus potential
- Upfront Bonus
- 6 Weeks PTO (Includes vacation & CME)
- $6000 CME annually
- Student loan repayment and residency stipends available
- Funded liability insurance/malpractice/tail coverage, multiple retirement plans, full health/medical benefits & more
- Robust referral base, an abundance of opportunity to grow your practice with population draw of 400,000+
- Hospital-employed with integrated EMR (Epic) in hospital and clinics
- On-site workout area for employees in the hospital, plus complimentary family membership to hospital-owned comprehensive community HealthPark facility
- Family Medicine Residency program started in 2020 – teaching opportunities available
ABOUT OWENSBORO HEALTH
Owensboro Health is a community-focused, nonprofit healthcare system that offers a full range of services utilizing the latest technologies and protocols. Locations include the flagship Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, opened in 2013. Other facilities include Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital, regional primary care and specialty clinics, and three new Healthplex locations in surrounding counties.
Each year, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital averages 2,000 births, 73,000 emergency room visits, 18,000 admissions and 500,000 outpatient visits. System wide, the organization has nearly 4,300 employees and 220+ medical providers.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region. The new, $500 million dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room. In addition, highly advanced medical technology is easily accessible. Among the advancements, Owensboro Health has invested in:
- 16 operating room suites
- 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
- Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Epic - electronic medical records system
- RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro is the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
As one of America's best places to live and work, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
- Kentucky’s #1 Sportstown (Sports Illustrated): Kentucky Mavericks basketball, Owensboro Oilers baseball, year-round municipal ice area, host to numerous softball/baseball national tournaments, 4-field football complexes, 10-field soccer complexes, 5,000 seat indoor arena, numerous indoor gymnasiums, brand new tennis complex, Kentucky Motor Speedway
- Enjoy the outdoors: gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15 mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
- Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spraypark, riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space
- Riverpark Center: 1,500-seat performing arts and civic center that hosts 150 performances and 800 civic events each year
- Culture: Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Owensboro Dance Theatre, Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Owensboro Museum of Science and Industry, International Bluegrass Music Museum, Western Kentucky Botanical Garden, Back Alley Musicals, Theatre Workshop of Owensboro.
- Festivals: International Bar-B-Q Festival, Friday After 5 - a weekly, summer-long series of free outdoor music concerts, Owensboro Dragon Boat Festival, ROMP Fest- Bluegrass roots and branches international music festival, East Bridge Art & Music Festival, Owensboro Air Show, Big O Music Fest.
- Higher Education: Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro Community and Technical College, Western Kentucky University-Owensboro, University of Louisville Nursing School
- K-12: 2 public school systems that are nationally ranked in academics, liberal arts, and athletics. Private Catholic school system, Montessori Academy (pre K - 8th)
- $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
- Two new award-winning hotels, with a third under construction
- New convention center
- #1 ranked playground in the WORLD
- Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
- Opening 2017 - $15M construction for the new International Bluegrass Museum and Music venue
- Phase 2 underway.....more to come!
Location/Region: Owensboro, KY (42303)