At Fairview Mesaba Clinic in Mt Iron we are seeking two board-eligible/board-certified family medicine physicians to join a multi-specialty practice of 22 physicians and 6 NP/PA's. Be part of an outpatient family medicine practice with the opportunity to perform procedures. OB is optional.
Our Family Medicine opportunities qualify for either a Resident Stipend or Medical School loan repayment.
- Onsite diagnostic services include lab and x-ray.
- Physicians see and average of 18-25 patients per day.
- Practitioners work a 4 1/2-day workweek with an expectation of 36 patient contact hours per week. Clinic hours are Mon.-Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- We use a primary nursing model where practitioners work primarily with the same CMA/LPN.
- Physician leadership is valued, encouraged and supported at all levels of our organization.
- Call Coverage: 1:9 Nursing Home Call Only.
- Income Details: Initial market competitive salary guarantee with additional earning potential.
- Other Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance, a retirement plan, & more. Our primary care opportunities qualify for either a Resident Stipend or Medical School loan forgiveness.
We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, high quality medical care for the entire family through all stages of life.
Our two family medicine physicians and one nurse practitioner are supported by a larger multi-specialty clinic structure and work collaboratively with 22+ physicians and 6 NP/PA's in these specialties: pediatrics, Ob/Gyn, internal medicine, otolaryngology, orthopedics, general surgery and sports medicine. Consulting physicians are available in neurology, cardiology and oncology. Ties to the University of Minnesota strengthen the ability to access University of Minnesota specialists for questions or phone consults. Many other subspecialists are available through extensive outreach programs.
The clinic is associated with Fairview University Medical Center-Mesabi, the largest medical center in the area, that uses the latest in diagnostic and surgical equipment and techniques. Services include: 24-hour fully staffed ED with emergency medicine physicians, comprehensive laboratory and diagnostic imaging, 24-hour respiratory therapy, radiation therapy, ICU, Medical/Surgical Pediatric floor and comprehensive physician therapy, occupational, and speech therapy and cardiac rehab, along with a number of specialty clinics including diabetes and coumadin clinics.
Fairview University Medical Center- Mesabi, located in Hibbing, Minnesota, provides advanced, high technology care in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Fairview - University Medical Center - Mesabi is a 175 bed licensed hospital and has the largest active medical staff on the Iron Range, with more than 50 local physicians and more than 120 consulting physicians who visit regularly from the University of Minnesota, Northland Physicians, Hibbing Family Medical Center and Essentia Health.
- Average inpatient admissions (annually): 3,643
- Average number of Emergency Department visits annually: 13,207
- Average number of surgical cases annually: 3,258
- Average number of deliveries annually: 375
Fairview University Medical Center- Mesabi is a Level III trauma center with an adjacent urgent care center. Over 20 million dollars has been spent in the past 4 years to expand the hospital and clinical capabilities, including the addition of a radiation oncology center.
Fairview Mesaba Clinic in Mountain Iron is located three hours north of Minneapolis and is geographically centered on the Iron Range. This satelitte clinic is located 20 miles from Fairview University Medical Center-Mesabi. We have a primary service area 32,000.
As the "Taconite Capital of the World" and nicknamed "Birthplace of the Mesabi Mountain Range," the city of Mountain Iron, Minnesota was, in fact, literally built upon a mountain of iron. Located in northeastern Minnesota at the intersection of Highways 53 and 169, Minnesota's third-largest city in geographic size spans 52 square miles. Aside from its mining history, Mountain Iron is home to six sparkling lakes, lush forests and numerous recreational opportunities.
Location/Region: Mountain Iron, MN (55768)