Sr. Business Systems Manager
This position will be responsible for the operational execution for a growing and dynamic applications group that supports Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions across multiple North American sites
• This position will ensure that the CAES applications group is meeting all of its operational and administrative deliverables across its project portfolio, applications sustainment, security and regulatory compliance requirements
• This role will work closely with the VP of Applications on all administrative activities within the group including budgeting, audits, compliance, and reporting
• This role will function as a Project Manager for applications projects that don’t meet our IT PMO threshold (small projects) VP, Applications
• Interface across application sub-group leads to drive the timely delivery of application specific objectives (Functional requirements, Application Architectures, Technical Designs, Vendor SOWs, etc.) Ensure quality control for all application deliverables. Manage application deliverables throughout Project Management Lifecycle including documentation, quality control, and signoff/approval.
• Interface across IT groups in the delivery of key application dependencies including infrastructure requirements, security requirements, and service delivery processes and support.
• Work with application group leads to ensure our applications portfolio meets operations and compliance requirements including policy compliance, security compliance, ITIL process compliance
• Lead and document minutes from internal operations and project review meetings. Drive action items to completion.
• Serve as PM on all internal application projects
• Business Relationship Management tasks and activities with site, business unit, and sector management.
• Manage and report against applications’ annual budget
• Experience as a Project Manager delivering application specific projects to the business
• Business Applications management experience
• Experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Application Manager
• Broad IT experience and understanding
• Able to qualify for a US Government clearance
• ERP Deployment experience
• Big Four accounting consulting experience
• 5+ Years Project Management experience
• 8+ Years in Applications Management, IT management, or Systems Analysis
• 5+ IT related management experience
• 4 year Degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, IT, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related field
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.