Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a Connecticut-based contractor with a broad range of experience in infrastructure development, environmental remediation and demolition. Our in-house capabilities include: site work; concrete construction; soil, groundwater and sediment remediation; roadways; bridges; earth retaining systems; underground utilities; and UST removal and replacement.
LCI has an immediate opening for a Construction Civil/Site Estimator in our Plainville, CT office. Projects will include a number of diverse site/concrete/remediation/building construction projects that will assist the project manager in all aspects/phases of the projects, both in the office and the field, including start-up, scheduling, submittals, quality control, project safety, cost control and ultimately, the total delivery of the project according to the established plans and specifications.
- Assist Estimators, Project Managers and Field Superintendents throughout all phases of projects, including performing quantity take-offs, soliciting quotes, scheduling, submittals, reviewing & coordinating subcontractor/material supplier quotes/subcontracts/PO’s, preparing project specific health & safety documents and assistance in coordination of self-performed work;
- Attending job meetings;
- Assisting with a variety of reports, work plans, schedules, budgets;
- Creating, setting up and maintaining project filing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or related field of study;
- Minimum of 2+ years of civil/site construction estimating experience;
- Knowledge of Site Civil construction (Drainage, Concrete, Site Work, and Earthwork), materials and methods;;
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills and leadership abilities;
- Flexible, well organized, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills;
- Familiarity with working in a union environment is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Sage Timberline, Primavera, and HCSS software are a huge plus.
Loureiro Contractors, Inc. (LCI) is a subsidiary of Loureiro Engineering Associates, Inc., an employee owned (ESOP), full-service multi-disciplinary consulting firm with operations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the District of Columbia. Loureiro’ s areas of expertise include the integration of the highest quality engineering, environmental assessment, construction, environmental health & safety, energy, laboratory analytical, landscape architecture, and waste management services.
Our goal is to employ the right individual to be a part of our team, working with experienced professionals who will help provide the formal training and mentoring needed to grow professionally and strive toward the opportunities that LCI can offer.
EEO/AAP Statement Loureiro Engineering Associates Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Plainville, CT