Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, currently hiring for positions, located at Financial Service Center Burlington, Vermont location. Openings are in various departments, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Immigration Bonds. To apply visit www.usajobs.gov,
- As an Accounting Technician, at the full performance level, you will perform the following duties:
- Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting data for governmental and commercial transactions;
- Provide customer service in support of the functions and mission of Financial Operations;
- Analyze obligations and contractual information ensuring transactions are accurate and appropriate and are in compliance with specified guidance provided by the US Treasury, the Department of Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement;
- Work effectively with contacts at all levels to ensure that appropriate action is taken and that all parties are aware of and following regulations.
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
You must meet one of the following to qualify at the GS-05 grade level:
- Experience: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or equivalent performing duties such as:
- Inputting, reviewing, organizing and analyzing data in an automated database or accounting system; and
- Examining incoming transactions (vouchers, cash receipts, invoices, tax forms, etc.) to ensure that value accounting codes, signatures, prices, services and receipts are complete and accurate;
- Education: Four-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree or a bachelor's degree. This education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. (One year of full-time undergraduate study is defined as 30 semester or 45 quarter hours).
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of successfully completed post-high school education and experience. This will be calculated using your resume and unofficial transcripts or a list of courses/course hours submitted with your application.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Experience: One (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level or equivalent performing duties such as:
Inputting, reviewing, organizing and analyzing data in an automated database or accounting system; and
Examining incoming transactions (vouchers, cash receipts, invoices, tax forms, etc.) to ensure that value accounting codes, signatures, prices, services and receipts are complete and accurate;
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
Location/Region: Burlington, VT (05401)