HelixNano is a Y Combinator and venture backed biotech startup based at LabCentral in Cambridge, MA. Our ultimate mission is to build technologies that unlock a future where freedom from cancer is a fundamental human right. But right now, the fight against a global pandemic needs all scientific hands on deck. In response to this existential challenge, our team is applying its expertise to deploy a novel vaccination approach against COVID-19.
We are looking for a dedicated research associate to assist with in vivo testing of our formulations in mice, and help drive the development of our vaccine and cancer therapy programs.
We want to hire you because you are passionate about research and want to make a real-world impact. You know that biological insights can be used to solve hard problems, and believe that even though biology is unpredictable, we now have the tools to engineer it like never before. You are excited to help innovate novel treatment approaches at the cutting edge of medical science, and to master new skills to get the job done. You are enthusiastic about working with a small group of committed teammates from different disciplines and learning from them.
At HelixNano, we dare to take on problems that others think are impossible — but have the humility and flexibility to change our approach if Nature refuses to conform to our ideas. And when things don't go smoothly, we are kind to others and ourselves.
If this sounds like you, please apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform rodent in vivo studies to advance our vaccine and cancer therapy programs. Note: this role will NOT entail viral challenge assays/ require the handling of live virus for vaccine testing.
- Conduct mouse dosing (im, iv, ip, sc, id), blood sampling, tumor caliper measurements, euthanasia, and tissue harvesting
- Coordinate sample storage and analysis
- Prepare formulations and perform sample analysis using defined protocols
- Execute studies using good documentation practices
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects
Please send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA (02138)