Fitness Instructor Honda OHC - Lincoln, ALSome Mornings and Afternoons
Full-Time. As a Fitness Instructor with St. Vincent’s Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide instruction on physical fitness as it relates to all aspects of general health and wellness.
- Designs fitness programs for various patient populations.
- Organizes and instructs exercise classes for all fitness levels. Ensures that all participants are properly trained on the use of the facility’s exercise equipment.
- Develops and markets general health and wellness programs.
- Presents educational lectures/programs throughout the community.
- Oversees and ensures appropriate use and maintenance of Fitness Center equipment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) must be valid for 90 days post start date or must be renewed prior to start date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Bachelor in Exercise Science
- Background in Physical Therapy setting
In Alabama, St. Vincent’s Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent’s Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
What You Will Need
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Lincoln, AL