Unit Secretary Department:
6 West SVE Location:
St Vincent’s East – Trussville, ALShift:
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent’s Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent’s Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Unit Secretary with St. Vincent’s Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol. Schedules patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
- Coordinates meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintains meeting minutes. Enters and maintains timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) PRIOR to hire date and must not expire with 90 days of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- High school diploma or GED required
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to E-Verify site)
About this company
St. Vincent’s Health System encourages its nurses to provide personalized, compassionate care for all patients, regardless of what they’re struggling with, and we give you the resources and support to do it. We want a collaborative environment, where nurses work side-by-side with skilled providers in both patient care and deciding policy. We believe in balancing high-touch with high-tech, and that reputation draws patients to us from more than 40 Birmingham-area zip codes. When you join St. Vincent’s you become part of Ascension, the nation’s largest non-profit and largest faith-based health system, which is recognized nationally for its commitment to quality, safety and healing.
Location/Region: Trussville, AL