Industrial Microwave Systems, L.L.C. a division of Laitram, L.L.C., based in Morrisville, North Carolina, has an opening for a Controls Engineering Technician. The ideal candidate will have experience working with control systems in addition to excellent customer service and problem-solving skills. This position will be working primarily in the home office and will also travel to customer sites when need to trouble shoot equipment. Responsibilities
- To support engineering in design, testing, service and manufacturing of microwave systems, including power generation and control systems.
- Hands-on fabrication, assembly and testing of control units.
- Communicate with customers to identify and understand needs.
- Problem solve and service equipment in house and at customer site.
- Light travel as needed, 4 to 6 weeks of travel in a year.
- A.S./A.A. in electrical/electronic field or a minimum of 3 years of technician experience in industrial control environment.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards.
- Experience with AutoCAD Electric.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to create and edit electrical documentation information and detailed service reports.
- Effective communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills with engineering, customers, vendors and contractors.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
- Must be self-managed and a team player.
- Experience with control circuitry and PLC systems.
- Experience with high voltage power circuitry.
Location/Region: Morrisville, NC