Social Services Supervisor
- Under the direction of the Inpatient Director, manages and coordinates the inpatient functions and duties of the Social Services Department in accordance with established policy, plans, and procedures.
- Provides direction to and oversight of department functioning to ensure appropriate implementation of schedules, unit and departmental meetings, education and training plans, and the provision of admission/discharge coordination.
- Provides oversight of clinical groups and activities on the units.
- Coordinates and provides counseling to clients as appropriate.
- Establishes annual performance indicators and planned improvements in conjunction with administration. Monitors the performance of staff and completes quarterly/annual performance reviews.
- Audits staff documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with applicable treatment protocols, record keeping standards (e.g., JC and CMS), and corporate compliance policies and procedures. Initiates follow-up as needed.
- Develops and maintains a formal, written procedure manual governing inpatient Social Services operations and functions.
- Provides and/or arranges for orientation, training and education of all inpatient Social Services staff in accordance with Agency policy and applicable rules and regulations. Monitors staff compliance and completion of orientation and training plans.
- Schedules social services staff to ensure coverage for units in accordance with approved staffing plan. Ensures the availability of trained on-call PRN staff to provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Coordinates/conducts recruitment and recommendations for hiring of all new inpatient Social Services staff in accordance with established Agency Personnel Policies. Processes regular and PRN employment applications in accordance with unit needs for staffing resources.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; Competitive Salary and benefits
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college with a major in the field of social work or related social services field. Licensure as a clinical social worker is highly preferred. Licensure as a LMHC is acceptable.
- Minimum of Two (2) years post-graduate experience, one (1) of which must have been in an administrative/supervisory capacity.
Licensure or Certification:
- Licensure by the State of Florida as a clinical social worker preferred.
- Must maintain current CPR, CPI and First Aid certifications.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and maintain Center approval as an Authorized Driver.
Location/Region: Tallahassee, FL (32308)