Our client is looking for an Associate Research Scientist located in Cambridge, MA. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic associate to join our pre-sampling team in the Translational Medicine group. The position will involve direct handling and processing of highly valuable clinical specimens from our external collaborators as well as tracking work in a laboratory inventory management system (LIMS). This contractor will also be required to store samples appropriately, potentially assist with nucleic acid extractions, and assist in a variety of other lab organizational tasks to ensure efficient and organized processing of patient samples. This contractor will potentially be transitioned to a project coordinator role working closely with clinical coordinator management. The candidate will assist with entering sample metadata into the LIMS as well as providing monthly sample statistics to the team.
- Isolation of PBMCs and plasma from whole bloodResolves daily operational issues in assigned area(s)
- Sample tracking software tools (LIMS)
- Isolation of RNA/DNA/protein from whole blood, plasma, cells and tissues (frozen and FFPE)
- Tissue macro and microdissection of FFPE material, laser-capture microdissection
- Data management and basic analysis and statistics using visualization software
- Project/sample coordination
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology or related field with 0-2 years of laboratory experience
- Will be required to work a later shift (i.e. 12-8 pm, actual time TBD), on alternating days (no later than 9 pm) once trained
- A self-starter, who is/can become technically proficient in a diverse set of techniques and assays with a focus on quality and speed, and will meticulously follow internal SOPs
- Must be highly adaptive and an excellent multitasker with an ability to be level-headed in a fast paced lab setting
- Team-oriented and comfortable working in a highly dynamic matrix environment
- Good basic lab skills required (pipetting, balances, etc.)
- Prior experience working with patient samples (i.e. FFPE tissue, Fresh Frozen tissue, blood) or working in a CLIA/GCLP environment is a plus
- Must be comfortable and able to work with human derived samples and potentially biohazardous/infectious material
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
What’s In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh’s network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh’s extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh’s vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Location/Region: Cambridge, Massachusetts