Maple Tree Veterinary Hospital and Dog Camp is an AAHA accredited small animal practice located in the mountains of Western North Carolina where outdoor activities, art, music, food and beer are in abundant supply. In addition, Asheville is just 27 miles away. Get closer to the mountains and further from traffic and higher cost of living by coming to Haywood County!
We are a 1.75 doctor practice owned and operated by Dr. Brian Birthright
who opened his own hospital in 2005 after working in various practices including emergency, emergency/day and mixed practice.
Next to the hospital, The Dog Camp was built in 2013. Inspired by Dr. Birthright's personal camp experience as a child and wanting to diversify services we now offer a day camp that provides enrichment and intentional care for dogs as well as overnight camp and grooming.
We have enjoyed continued growth and are looking for a doctor with a readiness to focus on growing our practice through enhancing how we serve our current clients as well as offering more to entice new clients.
- Support a healthy work environment & work/life balance
- Effective communication with team members and pet parents
- Commitment to doing what is best for the pet evidenced in daily decisions, guidance and education provided to pet parents
- Desire to build the bond between doctor, pet and pet parents
- Medical team eager to collaborate with each other and welcome new perspectives in medicine
- Seek growth for individuals and for the care of our patients
Description of our hospital:
- Small animal, and pocket pets
- Progressive, paper light practice
- State-of-the-art medical care
- Fully equipped In-house laboratory
- Digital Radiology equipment including Dental Radiology
- Laser therapy
- New anesthesia and surgical equipment
- Excellent working relationship with specialists.
- Able to manage complex internal medicine cases on an outpatient basis
- Proficient in basic soft tissue surgeries (spay and neuter, mass removal)
- Proficient in basic dental procedures
- Able to maintain regular client follow up and communication
Location/Region: Waynesville, NC (28786)