Position Description Careers with OptumRx.
We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Compounding Pharmacy Technician
you'll be responsible for ordering, picking, compounding, pump management, managing inventories as well as numerous quality control processes to maintain 797/800. Along the way, you'll discover the training, support and career opportunities you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader. Primary Responsibilities:
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining a good attendance record
- Compound IV Medications in a clean room environment
- Use USP797 guidelines for sterile compounding
- Maintain clean room environment and daily / weekly / monthly cleaning of room and equipment according to SOPs
- Demonstrate the ability to understand variable compounding modalities and to work independently but understand the need to consult with the pharmacist if questions arise
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- May need to assist with other areas of the pharmacy
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of compounding experience
- Texas Pharmacy Technician License
- Cleanroom Compounding Certification
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. As a senior team member, you'll help c ompound medications using appropriate components, supplies and sterile/ventilated environment. It's a fast paced, high volume environment where accuracy is essential. UnitedHealth Group
is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: OptumRx, BriovaRx, Houston, TX, Pulling, Staging, Inventory, Pharmacy, Pharm Tech, Phones, IV, Compounding, USP797 /800 , Home Infusion, Hospital, Long Term Care
Location/Region: Houston, TX