As the leading distributor of public works equipment, Joe Johnson Equipment (JJE) provides mobile infrastructure- maintenance equipment to municipalities and contractors across Canada and the US.
Through our branch network, we sell, rent, lease, service and support Vacuum Trucks, Refuse & Recycling Collection Vehicles, Street Sweepers, Snow Removal Equipment, Mowing Equipment, Ice Resurfacing Equipment, Sewer Cleaners and Inspection Cameras.
JJE is a dynamic and growing organization, focused on maintaining an employer of choice culture.
We have a stable, team-based and collaborative work environment that drives our organization to be best-in-class within our industry.
We offer opportunities across Canada and the US, and are committed to providing challenging and rewarding career paths for our employees.
JJE provides very competitive compensation packages, robust group benefits and an opportunity to grow professionally.
JJE is a proud subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation.
* Signing Bonus
* Competitive compensation package with annual increase opportunities
* Premium Health Insurance Program * 401 (k) Employer Matching Program
* Employee Assistance Program * Profit sharing opportunities paid quarterly
* Work boot and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
* Tuition and Professional Development Paid
* Factory training opportunities * Technician training bonus uo to $3000.00
* Opportunity to grow professionally * Best-In-Industry product lines
* Safety Focused * Exceptional Team Culture
RESPONSIBILITIES * Perform hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting, mechanical repairs and PDI’s (pre-delivery inspections) on a variety of heavy equipment represented by JJE
* Conduct repairs in a timely and effective manner, communicating effectively with the Service Writer and Parts team to ensure optimal efficiency
* Conduct regular preventative maintenance tasks and inspections
* Communicate with Service Manager regarding job progress and job status changes
* Maintain organized and safe work area, shop tools and service vans
QUALIFICATIONS * Heavy Equipment or Transport Mechanic experience a must
* Heavy Equipment or Transport Certified Mechanic an asset
* Must have valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
* Possession of a CDL, NYS Inspector’s license preferred
* 2+ years’ experience as a certified mechanic
* Experienced with hydraulic and/or electrical work
* Exposure to Street Sweepers, Vacuum Trucks or Refuse equipment considered an asset
* Ability to work under tight timelines in a busy environment
* Demonstrated ability to work safely and independently
* Demonstrated team player and willing to assist others when required
* Must be able to attend road calls daily as required by customer needs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from all qualified persons, however only those who are being considered for the position will be contacted.
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify HR in advance and we will provide applicable accommodation.
Location/Region: Rochester, NY (14613)