The Employee Communications Content Strategist is a business-savvy content creator who knows how to pair messages and mediums to shape employee experiences. The role is a good fit for a mid-career communications professional with a commitment to ensuring communications are clear, empathetic, and effective. This role offers writing and content development support to the Employee Communications team, ensuring clear employee-centered communications while helping the business meet its objectives.
This role is a member of the Employee Communications team, a core part of the Employee Experience team, which sits within HR. Employee Experience collaborates with stakeholders to shape, validate, and deliver integrated experiences that unleash employees? energy and potential throughout their HP journeys?ultimately driving business success.
We also help HP?s 55,000 employees in more than 60 countries internalize HP?s vision, mission, strategy, and business priorities. Our communications inspire employees to connect with and contribute to the HP Way, and to feel pride in the products they help create and deliver to our customers.Key areas of responsibility
Reporting and management line
- Develop employee-facing content, including news stories, emails, presentations, messaging, FAQs, video concepts, print materials, web copy, and more, to drive alignment with our strategy, improve productivity, and nurture our culture.
- Partner with Employee Communications strategists on key campaigns and transformation initiatives to establish content strategies that deliver on program goals.
- Consult with and coach employee communicators from functional teams on delivering clear, concise, and employee-centered communications.
- Create communications informed by a change management perspective and knowledge of HR, Legal, and business considerations.
This role reports to the Strategy & Content Lead.Qualifications
With a bachelor?s degree in communications, journalism, or marketing, or equivalent experience, and a minimum of five years of corporate content development experience, this individual demonstrates:
- Passion for communications and the overall employee experience.
- An understanding of best practices for communications and digital content.
- An ability to write and edit in a variety of styles and formats in a way that is engaging, clear, grammatically correct, and actionable.
- Comfort with digital communication channels, including email, websites, presentations, social media, online meetings and video.
- Knowledge of HR practices.
- Experience in managing change, preferably including communications for mergers and acquisitions and organizational changes.
- Proven proofreading and editing ability. Uncommon attention to detail.
- A sense of ownership and accountability for their work.
- Ability to work with urgency and develop content quickly.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate with remote colleagues.
- Courage to contribute ideas and take initiative toward shared goals.
- Willing to learn something new every day.
- A desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to everything they do.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and adaptability to change.
Location/Region: Vancouver, WA