As a leader in healthcare, Tenet is committed to providing the best possible care to every patient, with a clear focus on quality and service. Strong leadership is essential to delivering on this commitment, and we believe that the quality of our leaders can give us a significant long-term competitive advantage. We want to ensure every current and future leader in Tenet is successful, and we support that through our selection and hiring process and by providing coaching and training to our leaders.
Plans, organizes, controls, and supervises activities in hospital pharmacy according to hospital policies, standards of practice of the profession, and State and Federal laws. Recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital pharmacy to Administration. Serves as expert, professional resource to pharmacy staff in the area of clinical pharmacy practices. Implements clinical initiatives; educate staff of and maintain QA for all implemented clinical projects. Be responsible for mentoring pharmacy staff.
Education/Experience:B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of PharmacyCurrent pharmacist license in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy; will consider out of state candidates that are willing to obtain California licenseCompletion of a 1-year pharmacy practice residency, specialty residency, or fellowship, and 1-3 years acute care hospital experience; or 5 years of Pharmacy experience with a minimum of three years in an acute care hospital setting; supervisory experience preferred. Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems required.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services.
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology.
- Leadership, administrative, human resource, and managerial skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees.
- Business acumen including profit/loss understanding, contract negotiations, GPO function required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and
- Problem solving ability and analytical thinking required.
MWW #LI-KB1Job: PharmacyPrimary Location: Turlock, CaliforniaHospital Location: Emanuel Medical CenterJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: Exempt 80 Hour Pay Period Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.