A. Conduct sales, business development, estimating, and related administrative efforts to fulfill the company’s goals for the New Orleans Business Operating Unit:
1. Attend pre-bid meetings, site visits and other activities as required by clients, general contractors, designers and other concerned parties
2. Create and manage files (Physical and Digital) for project bids (Bid Documents, Plans, RFIs, Proposals, Quotes, Submittals, Schedules)
3. Email, mail and/or deliver documents as required
4. Work and prepare bid packages, proposals, quotations, contracts, requests for information and any other documents required to successfully conduct business.
5. Call into suppliers, service providers, and subcontractors to follow up on bid quotes and inquiries clarifications.
6. Maintain Materials Price Tables from input given by suppliers.
7. Do Take Off’s, to properly estimate Materials, Labor, Rental Equipment for projects
8. Prepare and Send Bid Packages to Subcontractors and review / analyze associated quotes to assure pricing is competitive while meeting project scope per plans and specs
9. Estimate Job Expenses, Other Direct Costs and Supervision Costs
10. Prepare Pricing Summary Sheets that includes all projects’ estimated cost to determine final pricing
11. Review with the company president, NOLA Project Managers and/or PR estimating manager the estimates to determine pricing to be provided to the clients
12. Procure and verify Insurance Brokers quotes for General Liability’, Auto, Worker’s Comp, Umbrella, Other Special Insurance, Bonding when required for bid and projects pre-construction efforts
13. Assist in any required legal and consulting process related to bids and contracts procurement
14. Establish and develop effective business relationships with key clients, prospects, contractors, suppliers, designers and other key players in the construction industry.
o Business and Professional Licenses:
1. Assist in the procurement, and renewal process for business and professional licenses and permits when required.
o Other Responsibilities:
1. Represent Division 16 LLC in professional and social activities for business opportunities and client relations as required
2. Assist in developing marketing and business development documentation.
3. Prepare applications and submit marketing and business development documentation.
4. Presenting the company services to potential and existing clients
B. Conduct working along the NOLA Projects operating team project management support tasks following company procedures and policies in the following Areas:
1. Call into suppliers, service providers, and subcontractors to obtain and follow up with quotations
2. Assist project managers in producing Purchase Orders, Service Agreements, and Subcontracts.
3. Procure / Receive / Compile Invoices for project managers’ approval
4. Assist in preparing Payment Certifications documents for project managers as required
5. Assist in the preparation of Labor Reports for project managers
6. Take material orders from Project Managers, Superintendents and Foreman.
7. Assist Project Managers in the approval process of suppliers, subcontractors, and service providers’ invoices
8. Assist in the preparation of Submittals for project managers
9. Create, Manage and Maintain project’s files (hard copy and digital)
10. Assist Project Managers in the preparation and execution of waivers by Division 16 and/or from Suppliers, Subs and Service Providers related to the payment process of each project.
C. Participate in the company’s Community Service initiatives.
D. Technical and Personal Skills:
1. Software: Advance Skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), Adobe Pro and Reader, web browsing, be able to work with web portals for project reporting applications
2. Other Software: Experience with McCormick estimating software a plus (it’s a requirement to learn how to use it), experience with on screen take off software / applications a plus (it’s a requirement to perform on screen take-offs and extract data)
3. Language: Fluent in English (written and oral), Spanish (oral) a plus (not a requirement)
4. Self Motivated, Organized, with Creativity Initiative, Desire to Learn and Grow Professionally
5. Effective communication skills with people from different professional and technical backgrounds
6. Must be able to work as a Team and motivated to embrace the company’s mission statement and culture