Join our team! Campus Surgery Center has an immediate opening for a Clinical Support/Orderly position to work 4-5 days/week. This position qualifies for medical, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401k.
The Clinical Support Representative helps facilitate the smooth patient flow for daily operations within Pre-op, PACU and the Operating Room, transports patients within the surgery center, and cleans units and equipment between cases following department and infection control policies and procedures.
We offer a team-oriented culture with competitive compensation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assists in moving and positioning patients as directed.
- Assists Materials Lead, Charge Nurses and staff to ensure the smooth and orderly flow of materials, equipment and supplies.
- Returns any unused clinical supplies to proper storage area.
- Cleans work area between cases/procedure/patients utilizing appropriate infection control practices.
- Removes trash and soiled linen according to department’s policies.
- Wipes down gurneys using aseptic technique and remakes according to department standards.
- Anticipates the needs of the circulating or PACU nurse and assists as necessary.
- Keeps locker rooms supplied with scrubs, hats, and boots. Removes soiled linen from the locker rooms throughout the day.
- Working with the Materials Lead, responsible for maintaining supplies at established PAR levels.
- Pulls supplies from the preference cards for upcoming cases.
- Manages the flow of gurneys between departments.
- Replaces sharps containers in OR/PACU/Pre-op when they are full.
- Maintains adequate linen supply and assists with restocking as needed.
- Stores equipment safely and in proper storage area.
- Working with the Materials Lead, responsible for ensuring necessary supplies are on hand for each service.
- Communicates and documents need for repairs of equipment.
- Participates in activities relating to physical inventory counts and valuation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous hospital or ambulatory care experience preferred.
- Training/equivalent experience as an orderly or medical assistant.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required and must be obtained within 60 days of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set forth in federal or state regulations.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to complete the online application consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
High School or better. Experience
1 year: Orderly or medical assistant experience 1 year: Hospital or ambulatory care experience preferred Licenses & Certifications
Basic Life Support
Location/Region: Daly City, CA