We are a Stockton, California-based commercial general contracting firm seeking candidates to fill an open position as Superintendent. Candidates should reply to this posting with a resume, cover letter, and description of previous work experience in the commercial construction industry.
The Superintendent reports to the Project Manager and is responsible for direct oversight of all field-related project activities. They maintain a safe, clean, and efficient site, as well as communicate with, coordinate, and direct the subcontractors employed for the completion of the work. The Superintendent maintains accurate daily logs, forecasts schedules, and establishes project milestones for the timely completion of the work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures that subcontractors, suppliers, and all other personnel that are present on the site comply with CalOSHA and Company guidelines for safety, health, and wellness.
- Reviews, studies, and understands the scope of the project in its entirety without need for guidance.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and productive plan of action for the completion of the project.
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and secure project site.
- Clearly and concisely logs the daily activities of the project, completes and issues project lookahead schedules, and coordinates with various trades to maintain efficiency and cooperation.
- Interacts with Owner representation in a professional and polite manner.
- Conducts meetings as necessary to adhere to safety guidelines, scheduling, and address quality control.
- Presents themselves professionally to clients, subcontractors, and colleagues.
Salary and benefits offers are commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location/Region: Stockton, CA