Design for Leisure (DFL) is seeking Project Manager in its small but growing Cedar Park, TX office (just outside of Austin, TX). DFL is responsible for the design and build of high-end spa and wellness facilities in North America and Europe. This role requires a love of travel, including occasional international travel, a desire to be involved with prestigious projects and a minimum of 3-5 years of onsite construction management experience.
The Project Manager will support DFL’s senior project management team and will be responsible for managing onsite construction activities, including overseeing sub-contractors and suppliers to assure timely project completion. The role will require involvement during the design and submittal phases of projects, followed by procurement and ordering of custom-fabricated goods. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic self-starter who is interested in working with high-end products and industry leading manufactures, while not being afraid of pitching in on builds and getting their hands dirty.
- Oversee field construction activity, engineering, and other field project(s) support activities.
- Supervise the development of project(s) schedules and monitor production to assure timely project(s) completion.
- Review cost reports and make recommendations to senior project team on cost reduction and productivity.
- Establish project(s) labor and resource requirements and review requirements with supervisor
- Conduct regular project(s) inspections and advise supervisor of work progress and quality of work.
- Coordinate work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project(s) scope and specifications.
- Continually monitor project(s) to assure company and regulatory procedures are adhered to.
- Monitor project(s) purchasing activities to assure quality material and timely delivery at competitive costs.
- Conduct regular meetings with project(s) supervisors to review project(s) progress, schedule resources and plan future construction activity.
- Determine the necessity of construction equipment and assure equipment is properly maintained.
- Be responsible for mobilizing and de-mobilizing teams, equipment and resources to/from project sites
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous construction management experience
- Knowledge of the local construction environment is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree or Construction Management Degree in relevant discipline is preferred
- A proven track record of organizing workforces to accomplish project goals
- Effective management skills to represent the company with the owner and outside agencies
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in all construction disciplines and MEP engineering (tradesman experience welcome as position will require pitching in to build projects when necessary)
- Experience as a fit-out contractor is considered a plus
- Experience in the pool industry or aquatic construction fields is considered a plus
- Strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs and project management software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to self-motivate
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this position. The job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Location/Region: Cedar Park, TX