Senior Project Managers (SPM) are responsible for managing all of the aspects of our client’s project. SPM’s are accountable or jointly accountable for managing the design, budget, schedule, quality, personnel, and subcontractors toward the successful completion of clients’ construction projects. SPM’s are also expected to generate new business through existing and/or new industry relationships.
In addition to the above general parameters, SPM’s are expected to manage the activities of other project management personnel. Through this process, our SPM’s will have the opportunity to provide leadership and to mentor and, in turn, stimulate theirs and other company personnel’s preferred career growth path.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Able to fulfill all responsibilities and expectations of the Project Manager position and to run individual projects as needed.
- Proficient with industry tools including but not limited to estimating, scheduling, and project management software packages.
- Prepare detailed bid packages and instructions to bidders.
- Assemble unit prices for individual cost components and update these unit costs to ensure accuracy.
- Provide value engineering options where applicable to benefit clients’ project goals. Analyze and evaluate subcontractor/vendor proposals for accuracy and completeness. Prepare well documented and comprehensive proposals to clients for their respective projects.
- Prepare owner-contractor construction agreements and general contractor-subcontractor agreements. Review these agreements’ scopes of work with internal company team members as appropriate.
- Work closely with Project Superintendent and team to coordinate project schedule, personnel, subcontractors and the client as may be necessary to maintain progress and to complete the project as planned.
- Provide team with the information they need to efficiently, effectively, and safely complete clients’ projects through a professional, forward-thinking manner that obtains the highest levels of quality.
- Identify and coordinate changes in project scope, create appropriate change requests as necessary, update Owner, Subcontractor, and Vendor contract amounts on a timely and accurate basis.
- Approve subcontractor/vendor invoices and assist with final billing activities and project close-out procedures on a timely basis.
- Assist with the company’s (pre)qualification of subcontractors and vendors as necessary.
- Maintain the necessary controls of projects utilizing budgeting, estimating, scheduling, and quality assurance skills. Prepare and update project profit reports and assist with integrating these tools within the overall company’s financial reporting systems.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to less experienced project management personnel
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – Proactive, focuses on solving conflict; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Excels at building relationships and collaborating with a team. Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Professionalism – Maintains confidentiality. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration.
- Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and supervision experience.
- Excellent communication skills. Makes sound decisions and demonstrates a can-do attitude in finding creative solutions to problems using all available resources.
- Demonstrates the company’s core values is dedicated, self-motivated, resourceful, candid, goal-driven.
- Tech Savvy; Proficient with the tools utilized in our industry including but not limited to scheduling and project management software packages (Procore, Blue Beam, Sage, Microsoft Project…)
- Solid understanding of organizational structure and culture and available resources.
- Detail orientated with strong time management skills; Follows through on commitments.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural drawings & specifications and technical standards.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of experience in commercial construction, at least 5-7 years should be with 30M+ housing-related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or a related field; or applicable experience to substitute.
- This position requires an acceptable background check and valid driver’s license per company standards.
Salary and Benefits
- We have an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, 401k with employer match, HSA, and PTO
- Please include a summary project list with your cover letter and resume.
- We are a thriving company with a strong foundation looking to build for the future. If you want to grow in your career, in your skills and/or with a team, you will have the opportunity with us!
Ready to apply? Email us your cover letter and resume at email@example.com!
Location/Region: St Louis Park, MN