Construction Superintendent – Healthcare
The Commercial Construction Superintendent oversees the physical construction of the assigned project(s) and will manage all field related construction activities required to efficiently, effectively, and safely construct the project. Healthcare Superintendent will demonstrate a history of, leadership and successful completion of healthcare projects. Has a working knowledge of healthcare construction, rural hospital requirements and a passion for client satisfaction.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Acts as the Constructability Expert identifying constructability or schedule issues affecting project completion and will ensure that work is performed accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Field Leader: Lead project field personnel to complete projects on schedule, under budget with quality conforming to key project documents.
- Responsible for coordinating the activities of subcontractors and suppliers and project’s scheduled tasks by identifying all required activities, necessary durations, and sequencing relationships.
- Responsible for the field management and coordination of the project’s internal and third-party quality assurance programs.
- Responsible for creating & maintaining required documentation on a timely basis.
- Responsible to identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate to project team for resolution.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a clean and safe project environment for all of the project’s workforce personnel. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of safe work practices, AC Crisis Management, OSHA regulations, and other regulatory agencies relating to job site safety.
- Develop and refine project schedules electronically, ensuring that schedules are maintained.
- Understands and oversees the application of terms and conditions of the owner/subcontractor contracts. Complete knowledge and understanding of contract drawings, specifications, RFIs and any other job-related contracts and information for each project.
- Oversight of project punch list & closeout process
Healthcare Superintendent Skills and Competencies
- Technically competent; Proficient with the tools utilized in our industry including but not limited to scheduling and project management software packages (Procore, Blue Beam, Microsoft Project…)
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration. Maintains professional appearance.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills – Proactive, focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork – Excels at building relationships and collaborating with a team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Demonstrates honesty & integrity in all interactions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Including – proficiency to create and oversee schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Resourceful- makes sound decisions and demonstrates a can-do attitude in finding creative solutions to problems using all available resources.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural drawings & specifications and technical standards.
- You will only be considered with a minimum of 5 years of healthcare construction supervision experience, including rural hospitals, critical access, and clinic experience.
- Design-Build construction experience a plus
Salary and Benefits
- We have an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, 401k with employer match, HSA, and PTO
- Please include a summary project list with your cover letter and resume.
- We are a thriving company with a strong foundation looking to build for the future. If you want to grow in your career, in your skills and/or with a team, you will have the opportunity with us!
Position Requirements and Physical Demands
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Able to work outside in a wide variety of weather conditions
- Able to reach, pivot, climb, bend, kneel, crouch, climb up a ladder
- Stand/walk on uneven ground on construction site(s), including stairs
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when necessary.
- This position requires an acceptable background check and valid driver’s license per company standards, CPR & First Aid Training, OSHA 10 & SWPPP certification.
Location/Region: St Louis Park, MN