About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biotechnology company developing oral integrin therapies. Drawing on integrin biology breakthroughs from the lab of noted entrepreneur and scientific founder Dr. Timothy A. Springer, Morphic has developed an exclusive MInT platform that facilitates the rapid discovery of clinical candidates. Morphic was created in 2015 and raised $51.5M in 2016 from top tier investors. In 2018, Morphic Therapeutic completed an $80 million Series B financing round and formed a collaboration with Abbvie Inc. focused on the exploration of TGF-β biology in fibrotic diseases. In 2019 Morphic formed a collaboration with Janssen Biotech, a Johnson and Johnson company to explore the potential of integrin inhibitors and activators in multiple diseases. On Jun. 26, 2019 Morphic announced the pricing of its upsized initial public offering of 6,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price to the public of $15.00 per share. The shares are trading on The Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol “MORF.”
Currently, we are advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates into the clinic. Integrin dysregulation is involved in multiple diseases that span, including inflammation, fibrosis, vascular diseases, and cancer. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept.
The Morphic Therapeutic office is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
The Manager of Analytical Development will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing analytical deliverables with minimal guidance. She/he will liaise and monitor analytical activities at CDMOs to support drug substance and drug product development, manufacturing, scale-up, and commercialization. The scientist will also QC/combine analytical data, review technical reports, and analytical documents in support of and for inclusion in relevant CMC sections of regulatory filing documents. She/he will report to Head of Analytical Development.
• Implement analytical development activities to support all stages of drug development
• With minimum guidance, plan, initiate, and manage analytical activities at CDMOs to ensure quality of work and timely delivery of results
• Support development, validation and transfer of phase-appropriate analytical methods for GMP starting materials, in-process control, drug substance, drug product release and stability testing
• Collaborate with drug substance and drug product development groups to design stability study to support development and regulatory submissions
• Manage drug substance and drug product stability study programs
• Assist in reviewing and approving analytical data, methods, protocols, and reports in support of regulatory filing
Morphic Therapeutic, Inc. ∙ 35 Gatehouse Drive, A2 ∙ Waltham, MA 02451 ∙ www.morphictx.com ∙ (781) 996-0955
• Assist in authoring relevant CMC sections of INDs and IMPDs
• Troubleshoot and solve analytical related issues
• Build collaborative and long-term relationships with CDMO partners
• Assist in development and communication of department goals and strategy
• Up to 10% travel required
Location/Region: Waltham, MA (02451)