Are you a hands-on leader looking to grow your career in non-profit accounting and financial administration? Our client, AABB in Bethesda, MD is seeking a Controller to oversee the administration and coordination of the financial activities of the Association and related entities, in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and GAAP. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Controller also hires, supervises, and mentors staff to support these activities. This role will provide assistance to senior management and directors in the implementation of Association policies impacting operations, programs, financial performance, and member services.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Drive strong financial stewardship and adherence to best practice business principles by clearly defining company and departmental goals, fostering accountability, and getting results.
- Supervise daily activities in accounting including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and grant accounting.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and training to staff performing a variety of accounting functions.
- Act as a key leader in the development of the annual budget and other financial information.
- Act as liaison with other departments to ensure timely, accurate, and informative financial reporting.
- Design and implement appropriate internal controls to maintain compliance and drive operational efficiency.
- Implement and maintain new accounting systems to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and security of financial processes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the General Ledger including reviewing all monthly journal entries and ensuring all necessary documentation is in order to support journal entries and GL balances.
- Lead the annual financial audit process and provide information to the outside audit firm conducting the audit and tax return development.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of AABB’s government-funded initiatives.
- Implement and manage time reporting system and associated technologies relating to expense reimbursements and payroll.