The National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Inc. (NOVA) is seeking a Membership and Conference Coordinator for its Washington, D.C. office. The MCC will be responsible for the association’s event management, membership administration, social media, and other administrative tasks. We are looking for a detail-oriented, organized individual with superior communication and computer skills. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience & benefits package.
NOVA is a not-for-profit educational membership organization incorporated in the District of Columbia in 1993. NOVA is a national organization of attorneys and other qualified members who act as advocates for disabled veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims, the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. NOVA works to develop and encourage high standards of service and representation for all persons seeking VA benefits.
Management and processing of membership files, including:
- Process membership applications and renewals: maintain membership rosters, historical member records, etc. Verify eligibility of NOVA membership. Upkeep of electronic membership files for each member. Review online registrations; review accuracy of forms, confirm VA accreditation.
- Ensure that Sustaining members attend a conference every 24 months.
- Communicate with members: respond to member queries via email and phone regarding membership, website, seminars, webinars, CLEs, or any other issues that arise.
2) NOVA Events
Planning of seminar events and provide on-site management of event, including:
- Create Conference brochure, online registration forms, manage online presence.
- Reach out to possible exhibitors and sponsors, process registrations, tend to exhibitors’ planning and set-up needs, and coordinate attending exhibitors at the conference.
- Coordinate Seminar AV needs with Pelican Productions.
- Application and purchase of NOVA Event Insurance.
- Creation of the menu and budget for NOVA event. Keeping track of all Conference-related financials. Coordinate with hotel regarding food orders, A/V, set-up, room reservations, etc.
- Coordinate any hotel, transportation and other needs of Conference VIPs.
- Coordinate special events at the Conference: lunches, board meetings, etc.
- Create the Conference PowerPoints for breaks, award ceremony, and membership meeting.
- Coordinate with conference speakers: maintain speaker information including licensing forms, bios, etc. Maintain contact list of speakers. Collect speaker materials for release to event attendees.
- Apply to various state bars for NOVA Conference to be approved for CLEs at least 1 month prior to Conference.
- Process seminar registrations, communicating with registrants, maintaining a worksheet of registrants, creating nametags, lists, sign-in sheets, attendees list and materials, etc.
- Process scholarship requests, create list for the ED/BoD, communicate with scholarship recipients, etc.
- Onsite management: manage set -up of meeting rooms, speakers, AV personnel, etc. Set up and manage supplies and registration area; sign in sheets, name badges, lanyards, etc. Attend pre-event meeting with hotel staff. Field attendee questions or concerns. Ensure hotel staff follows orders, set up and times on BEOs.
- Post –seminar: prepare CLE applications to be submitted by attendees, distribute to attendees. Review final bills for payment.
3) Social Media
Assist in day-to-day management of NOVA social media, including:
- Linked In
Assist in day-to-day management of NOVA office, including:
- Answer NOVA phone and respond to questions and other submissions through NOVA website.
- Assist Director of Operations in management of website.
- Process NOVA mail.
- Assist CPA in accounting: coding, reconciliations, expense reports, other financial reports, donation reports, check requests, invoice processing, etc.
- Create Week in Review newsletter every Thursday, followed by sending it out to the membership and posting it on the NOVA website.
- Craft marketing materials through Mailchimp and NOVA website.
- Preparation of seminar reports.
- Other duties as assigned.