The American Society of Nephrology (ASN)—which represents more than 21,000 physicians, researchers, nurses, and other health professionals dedicated to a world without kidney diseases—seeks a fulltime Copy Editor. Reporting to the ASN Media and Communications Manager, the Copy Editor will provide editorial review on a wide variety of materials, including web, social media content, Kidney News Online, In the Loop, Kidney News, Kidney Week materials, and marketing collateral material. Additionally, the Copy Editor will work with the ASN Media and Communications Manager (and the rest of the communications team) to help ensure that ASN produces exceptionally written missives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is consistent with the established ASN Style Guide and maintain up-to-date editorial brand guidelines.
- Promote and update editorial policies, standards, and procedures to ensure adherence across ASN departments.
- Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors; ensure all content is factually correct, including dates and statistics.
- Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies.
- Raise queries with authors as needed.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this position and are not to be considered all inclusive.