The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is seeking a Member Services Coordinator to support the day-to-day activities of the membership department. This position is often the first person a member or customer engages with at the association. Attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to work effectively with a small team are essential. The ideal candidate is high energy, professional, articulate, positive, responsible, dependable and self-motivated. Travel to the annual symposium is required with other occasional travel possible. The position reports to the Director of Member Services.
- Respond to member phone, email, fax, and mail inquiries regarding association programs, products, and services
- Process sales transactions such as membership applications other product orders
- Proactive outreach to members (expired memberships, upcoming events, updates to contact information, etc.)
- Administer membership from invoicing, to processing of payments, to database entry per established data standards including data integrity
- Generate monthly reports on membership activity
- Interact with employees, departments and customers
- Serve as a key resource to our members/customers on AMIA’s products and services
- Update and maintain member/nonmember records in membership database
- Assist Director with annual renewal campaign messaging
- Assist with processing inbound/outbound mail and ordering office supplies
AMIA has been recognized as a Top Employer of Choice for an Effective and Flexible Workplace as a winner of the When Work Works award. AMIA is pleased to offer benefits that include fully paid medical, dental, long term disability, and life insurance in addition to a retirement program and an attractive paid leave plan. To be considered, candidates should respond with a resume and salary requirements to Phyllis Burchman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert the job title in the subject line. Qualified local candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone calls will be accepted.