Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports
Westinghouse s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse,
recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to
identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and
encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting
opportunity for a Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
The Supply Chain Sourcing Manager will be responsible for leading the
modernization of the operational sourcing activities to improve on time
delivery, process standardization, efficiencies, and cost reduction execution
in the supply base. The successful candidate will work closely with key
stakeholders in category management, material planning, Product Engineer and
Quality Assurance among others.
1. Lead development and alignment of sourcing execution and partnering
strategies for site supply chain and enable cost improvement, delivery and
qualities objectives are met.
2. Hire, train, and develop department personnel to ensure responsive,
aggressive, innovative supply management capability at plant level.
3. Identify and implement cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
consistent with Company, Business Unit and site goals and objectives.
4. Develop and implement supply management strategies and best practices that
complement business strategies. Lead process improvement teams and implement
recommendations to optimize functional efficiency through industry best
practices. Assure continuous improvement in key performance metrics.
5. Lead adoption and utilization of material usage forecasts and inventory
strategies to ensure that on-time delivery, cost out, and inventory objectives
6. Liaise with the Global Category Manager relative to supplier selection,
negotiation, development and management for site specific commodities/purchases
to achieve both plant operating objectives and supply management goals.
7. Foster and build strong, value-adding relationships with internal customers
and key interfacing organizations including Marketing, Quality Systems, Shared
Services etc. to strengthen supply management effectiveness.
8. Reduce Westinghouse investment and lead supplier performance management
initiatives to ensure maximum value is delivered to supply chain (i.e., JIT
purchasing, supplier stocking programs, partnerships, relationships with key
supplier executives, performance measurement, recognition, etc.).
9. Support the implementation of global, regional and local sourcing strategies
which are integrated with business goals and strategies.
10. Establish and execute processes within department which are consistent with
Company Guidelines, Business Unit Policies and Procedures, Controller Manual
and efficient supply management practices.
11. Establish, maintain and report key supply management performance metrics.
Establish action plans to improve supplier and department performance and
resolve identified non-conformance situations.
Support the maintenance of global marketplace intelligence regarding
suppliers economic visibility, financial strength and technical knowledge.
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
* Knowledge of procurement of principle business law, economics,
engineering, manufacturing and quality requirements, accounting and
business/management techniques required. Maintain awareness of legal,
contractual, quality and government regulations (e.g., EEO, OSHA, NRC,
DOE, ERDA, DOD, etc.), as well as relevant industry standards.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent in business, science, law, finance, o
technical discipline required. At least ten years of professional
experience, including lead level or supervisory supply management and/or
material management experience.
* Desirable to have Certified Purchasing Manager Certification from the
Institute of Supply M anagement (ISM)
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry s first
choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions.
* Safety & Quality First
* Valuing Ethics, Integrity & Diversity
* Passion for Serving Our Customers Globally
* Dedication to Each Other Through Servant Leadership
* Creating Value for Shareholders, Customers and Employees
* Consistently Delivering Our Commitments.
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe
to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S.
* Competitive Salary
* Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
* 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
* Paid Vacations and Holidays
* Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
* Educational Reimbursement Program
* Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have
over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can
learn more by visiting link
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Keep in mind that only applications completed and submitted via the
Westinghouse Careers website will be considered. You can submit your completed
application, and also explore other available options, using the following
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of
information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United
States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in
compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in
other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements
of that country and of the United States.
Location/Region: Ogden, UT