Process Technologist - Downstream
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment in a global business unit.
* Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, scientists, specialists, designers and drafters.
* Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
* When assigned, recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes.
* Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
* Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
* Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
* Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
* Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
* Ensures that engineers and scientists supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
* Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, materials, and computers in the discipline.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Design Guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
The above is normally acquired through:
* A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
* A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
* Specialized courses in relevant general engineering or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
* Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location/Region: Houston, TX