OAK PARK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
CLASS TITLE: HEAD CUSTODIAN II
This is a full time twelve (12) month position
SALARY: $3686.79 - $4653.58 per month
Under direction of the Principal, plan, schedule, coordinate and participate in custodial and minor maintenance duties at a secondary school plant; maintain classrooms, offices and other facilities in a safe, orderly and secure condition; serve as site energy and disaster preparedness coordinator; inspect work performed by assigned Custodians; train, provide work direction and guidance and assist in evaluating the performance of assigned custodial staff; maintain school alarms, clocks and bells.
The incumbents in the Head Custodian II classification oversee and participates in custodial operations at a large secondary school plant where the school program, activities and facilities are more comprehensive. Incumbent in the Head Custodian I classification oversee and participate in custodial and minor maintenance operations at an elementary school facility. Incumbents in both classifications operate in a lead capacity, providing training, work direction and guidance to assigned custodial staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Plan, schedule and participate in a variety of custodial duties at a comprehensive secondary school plant; coordinate and schedule assignments; serve as site energy and disaster preparedness coordinator; inspect work performed by assigned Custodians; maintain school alarms, clocks and bells; train, provide work direction and guidance and assist in evaluating the performance of assigned custodial staff; maintain inventory of custodial supplies, tools and equipment for assigned site; order, receive and store cleaning supplies and equipment; communicate with faculty, administrators, parents and others regarding special custodial needs, meetings and special events; inspect buildings and report dangerous, unsightly or unsanitary conditions and assure that such conditions are corrected; move, set up and arrange furniture and audio visual equipment; perform non-technical repairs and adjustments to furniture, fixtures and equipment; assure proper use and care of equipment including vacuum cleaner, buffer, waxer, stripper and various hand and power tools; clean classrooms, offices, restrooms, cafeteria and other facilities; assure security of school plant by locking and unlocking gates, windows and doors; raise and lower flags, sweep, mop, strip and wax floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets; empty, wash and line trash receptacles; report safety hazards and prepare work orders for skilled maintenance personnel as needed; perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge of: Energy conservation methods and procedures; modern cleaning methods, equipment and materials used in custodial work; principles of training and providing work direction; oral communication abilities; health and safety regulations; operation, use and care of custodial equipment; preferred methods and cleaning agents for wood, floors and other surfaces; general maintenance of school equipment, furniture and fixtures.
Ability to: Plan, coordinate, oversee and participate in the custodial and minor maintenance work of a large. comprehensive secondary school; train, provide work direction and guidance and assist in evaluating the performance of assigned personnel; assure that classrooms, offices and other school facilities are maintained in a clean, orderly and secure condition; move furniture and equipment for meetings and special events; climb ladders and lift objects up to 50 pounds properly; communicate effectively and work cooperatively with others' order, store and inventory cleaning supplies and materials.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by custodial training and three years of increasingly responsible custodial experience including at least one year in a lead capacity.
License and other Certification: Valid California driver's license.
hdcust2 Per jobdesc Indoor and outdoor environment; subject to lifting and moving heavy objects, climbing ladders and contact with cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Visual capability to read handwritten or typed documents, and the display screen of various office equipment and machines.
- Able to conduct verbal conversation.
- Able to hear normal range verbal conversation (approximately 60 decibels).
- Able to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend, walk.
- Able to climb slopes, stairs, steps, and ladders.
- Able to push and/or pull a variety of tools and equipment weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Able to lift up to 80 pounds frenquently.
- Able to carry up to 80 pounds frequently.
- Able to sustain strenuous manual labor for 8 hours with legal breaks.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for shoulder external rotation and internal rotation.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for shoulder abduction and adduction.
- Able to exhibt full range of motions for shoulder extension and flexion.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for elbow flexion and extension.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for back lateral flexion.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for hip flexion and extension.
- Able to exhibt full range of motion for knee flexion.
- Able to work at various elevated heights in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to work with chemical agents in a safe and effective manner without allergic reaction.
- Demonstrate manual dexterity necessary to perform fine maintenance procedures and operate both manual and power hand tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Able to operate a variety of powered and manual equipment commonly found in janitorial and custodial services in a safe and effective manner.
About this company
Oak Park Unified School District ~ Educating Compassionate and Creative Global Citizens
The mission of Oak Park Unified School District is to provide students with a strong foundation for learning which meets the challenge of the present and of the future through a balanced education which includes academic achievement, personal growth, and social responsibility.
Location/Region: Ventura, CA