Coast Counties Truck & Equipment is the oldest active Peterbilt dealer in the world.
We are family owned and operated since 1949 with 6 locations serving Northern & Central California.
Voted the 2018 Technology Dealer of the Year, we are in continuous growth mode seeking enthusiastic inividuals looking for employment opportunities in sales, parts, service, leasing, finance & management.
Divison Information We are a growing Peterbilt Paclease dealership located in San Leandro, San Jose, Salinas and Windsor, California.
PacLease provides customers with value-added transportation services and premium-quality, Heavy and Medium Duty Peterbilt vehicles.
It is one of the fastest-growing and most innovative global leasing networks in the industry.
Utilizing our mobile service trucks, we complete inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs on medium and heavy duty trucks and trailers at the customers location.
We also respond to service call breakdowns.
Benefits * Paid time off programs, including vacation (paid) & holiday (paid)
* Union Medical Benefits program * 401(K) offered through the Union
* Participation in our technician bonus program
* Stating pay is determined by experience, qualifying candidates may be offered more than the hourly range shown.
* Change oil
* Replace filters * Check and replace belts, hoses, lights and all other routine wear items
* Complete repairs as directed with little to no assistance
* Troubleshoot electrical system faults
* Report to service manager for daily jobs
* Complete necessary paperwork as required and adapt to varying tasks according to changing volume and business needs
* Available for after-hours service calls and overtime as needed
* Track and maintain an accurate inventory on your service truck
* Keep work and work area including your service truck clean and organized
* Consistently meet and exceed work quality standards
Qualifications * High school diploma, or equivalent
* Two years prior maintenance experience in the trucking industry
* A valid driver's license, required.
A class "A" CDL is preferred.
* Must demonstrate a strong desire to learn and be willing to take all provided certification trainings as provided
* Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
* Knowledge of the 90 Day Inspection process
* Must possess basic hand tools. * Possess a positive attitude
* Open to flexible scheduling and overtime
* Possess good communication skills and the ability to effectively interact well with co-workers and customers
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Salinas, CA (93901)