The Del Grande Dealer Group, is currently seeking a Used Car Director.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strong Variable Operations experience, and world-class leadership abilities.
Mobility has transformed the way cars are shopped, sold and serviced.
The Del Grande Dealer Group (DGDG.COM) is at the forefront of the new automotive world.
Whether it is Electric Vehicles, Hybrids or traditional vehicles, we are an industry leader in automotive retail.
We combine our tech-savvy team with award-winning technology platforms to provide a world-class guest experience.
To make our vision real, we look for service professionals who think differently and strive to provide 100% customer satisfaction – utilizing the latest technologies to find the perfect solutions for our guests.
The Used Car Director is responsible for managing the performance of the Used Car sales departments for DGDG (13 locations).
To be successful in this role, the Used Car Director will forecast and achieve optimal used vehicle sales at all locations by strategically planning, training, and executing goals in partnership with General Managers and in store Sales leaders and Finance.
What we offer: * Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401K * Flexible Spending Accounts* Health Care
* Dependent Care * Commuter
* Voluntary Aflac Cash Benefit Programs
* Employee Assistance Program * DGDG Wellness Committee
* Fun Healthy Living Contests * Sales and Service Contests
* State Disability Insurance Programs* Disability Insurance
* Paid Family Leave * 24 Hour Fitness Membership Discounts
* Dedicated in-house training organization
* Employee Referral Bonus * Career Paths for all positions/Opportunity for growth and advancement
* Employee Vehicle Purchase Program * Employee Service Discount
Responsibilities * Lead the DGDG Used Car departments, including wholesale, retail, purchasing, and marketing
* Train and lead Used Car Managers at 14 dealership locations in the Bay Area
* Ensure effective inventory and pricing, in partnership with dealership and Marketing team members
* Provide training and support to Sales leaders
* Purchase vehicles for the inventory from auction and off-lease returns, trade appraisals, etc.
* Manage budgets for volume and PVR, and control expenses
* Attend and lead meetings and conferences, to develop action plans to improve business performance
* Partner with service departments to manage reconditioning of used car vehicles
Qualifications * Ability to forecast goals and objectives for sales, gross and key monthly and annual expenses
* Understands and remains current on federal, state and local regulations
* Strong technical and analytical abilities
* Must understand inventory control in alignment with DGDG policies
* 10 years automotive experience, with 5-7 years of Used Car Management experience required
* Track record of high-volume sales * Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate with various automotive disciplines
More about DGDG “Be happy” is more than a marketing slogan.
It’s our way of doing business. We focus on people, technology and a unique culture to fuel our success.
The DGDG Way is to utilize our core values of integrity and caring to create an exceptional automotive experience.
We have a dynamic management and training team to ensure that each employee has the necessary tools to be successful and the career path to grow.
The Del Grande Dealer Group is the largest family-owned dealer group in the Bay Area with 14 locations, 17 brands, and over 1,200 team members – and we proudly celebrate 8 consecutive years as a Bay Area News Group Top Workplace.
We’re committed to our team member’s success – and to the future of mobility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: San Jose, CA (95136)