Job Details Company Overview
Sample Preparation Technician I
Position is full time, Monday-Friday, 9:00AM - 5:30PM, with overtime as needed
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Madison, WI are encouraged to apply
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate.
- Performs any combination of sample preparation tasks to ensure sample homogeneity which includes but is not limited to labeling, transferring, liquid nitrogen use, milling, blending, weighing, disposal of samples, etc.
- Communicates sample information effectively.
- Communicates discrepancies to appropriate personnel, and assists with problem solving.
- Handles internal customer inquiries and requests.
- Works with the customer service coordinators to resolve client or sample issues.
- Introduces and develops improvement ideas for the group with the assistance of others.
- Learns sample preparation procedures involving larger equipment.
- Learns how to perform equipment maintenance/basic repairs and place work orders.
- Introduction to cross-training between food and dietary supplement prep procedures.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic minimum qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a position with high attention to detail
- Customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality and effective communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate customer service needs
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good documentation skills
- Customer service skills, including attention to detail, confidentiality and communication skills
- Ability to identify and communicate client's service needs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of computers
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens (ex. Milk, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, etc)
- Overtime and weekend work as required
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs. for short periods of time
- Trained in handling potentially hazardous chemicals or materials
- Physical requirements include, but are not limited to, standing bending, reaching and lifting
- May require work in walk-in cold storage units
- Work requires PPE (personal protective equipment)
Who we are:
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 25,000 employees across 250 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
What we offer:
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work! We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sample Prep Technician
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Complex Problem Solving
Attention To Detail
Location/Region: Madison, WI