Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Behavioral Health Professional with Corizon Health at Hutchison Correctional Facility in Hutchison, KS:
- Assist as needed in discharge planning and the referral of appropriate resources for inmates when they are close to discharge.
- Respond quickly to and assess inmates in need of crisis intervention. Complete mental health crisis assessments in various inmate housing units.
- Consult with the multidisciplinary team on all crisis intervention cases for possible transfers to alternate levels of care.
- Provide group counseling as clinically appropriate, and which has been agreed upon by the treatment team.
- Initiate, complete and maintain all treatment plans, including group therapy portions of treatment plans. Attend weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocol.
- Complete bio-psychosocial assessments and other mental health reports and summaries as required.
- Provide documentation in accordance with department policies, procedures and Health Services Bulletins.
- Complete a daily operations log.
- Participate in mandatory training activities as well as orientation of new staff.
- Adhere to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adhere to regulations of medical chart “sign outs” and return all charts to Medical Records daily or via site specific Medical Records protocol.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Master's Degree required
- Licensed as an LMHC/LCSW or licensed eligible-registered LMHC intern acceptable).
- Counseling experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Location/Region: Hutchinson, KS, US