The Associate Director of Ticketing Services takes the lead in engaging with earned income and fundraising areas to evaluate requirements for maintaining, improving, and exploring the capabilities of the ticketing and membership sales system. In addition, the individual leads the system’s future short-term and long-term development priorities, all with an eye on optimizing the user experience and maximizing revenue generating opportunities.
The individual will be able to facilitate and support a collaborative work environment, with a focus on efficient and executable outcomes. They are a strong communicator, both verbal and written, with demonstrated project and time management abilities, with experience supporting ticketing and donor database solutions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Project and Relationship Management
- Serve as ticketing lead liaison to all Garden divisions, such as IT, Marketing, and Institutional Advancement. Additionally, participate in cross-departmental groups in support of data collection, reporting, and analysis.
- Partner with Marketing and other stakeholders to maximize system functionality, optimize both online and onsite ticket and membership sales, create appropriate reporting tools, evaluate process and procedure, and manage new initiatives.
- Act as Project Manager with the ticketing system provider, partnering to solve day-to-day challenges, as well as devising project plans for and creation of new system features.
- Take initiative and lead issues through resolution, track short-term and long-term goal completion, and report and document items as needed, while adhering to change management protocols.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and conduct independent research to support business needs and requirements. Must be able to explain technical concepts to lay staff.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, Ticketing & Visitor Experience Insights, co-manage all aspects of the Garden’s ticketing and membership sales needs, including set-up and maintenance of general and special event tickets, membership levels, discount codes, web-related setup, POS terminals, and internal ticketing requests.
- Partner with various stakeholders to optimize the integration between NYBG’s donor database, ticketing database, and email/communication platforms.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, Ticketing & Visitor Experience Insights, codify ticketing procedures, create manuals, and develop materials to train new users in best practices, current and new functionalities.
- In collaboration with Associate Director, Ticketing & Visitor Experience Insights, the IT group, and the ticketing system provider, troubleshoot, repair, and recover from ticketing hardware or software malfunctions. In addition, plan, test, and help roll out ticketing system upgrades.
- Work with vendors on system support and assist in the administration of servers, workstations, POS terminals, and peripheral equipment.
- In coordination with IT and the donor database groups, optimize database procedures, functions, and analyze SQL queries for performance improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree; ideally majoring in Business, Technology, or related field.
- Five years managing event ticketing and member database solutions (Accesso products such as Passport and Siriusware a plus; Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge a plus).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus. Experience developing and implementing quality assurance programs and measurements required.
- Experience with and understanding of SQL, HTML, XML, and C programming languages, syntax, and reporting methodologies.
- Outstanding computer skills including mastery of the Microsoft Office suite. Broad knowledge of Excel to create reports through the use of pivot tables, functions, formulas, and charts.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective use of time and resources to accomplish assigned projects and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, workflow coordination, and attention to detail.
- Must work well within a team environment, including possessing the ability to negotiate, mediate, and avert conflict.
- Must be able to train, manage and coach staff; must be able to delegate appropriately.
- Possess a desire to learn about technology and innovation, and passion for delivering the best user experience possible.
- Must be available for a schedule that includes occasional weekend and holiday work.
Location/Region: New York, NY