PPG QC Technician Job Posting PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Does the thought of sitting behind a desk all day make you cringe? Are you seeking a career with a greater purpose?
If you screamed “YES!” to each of those questions, you may be just who we are looking for to help our team “protect and beautify the world!”
As a Quality Control Technician with PPG, you will be an essential part of our operations, ensuring that a quality product is deliverable to our customers when they need them.
Your work will directly impact people’s lives. Without you, our products would not be available to paint the nurseries of new parents, to make residents of retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during holidays!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform product evaluation versus product specifications and disposition accordingly. Provide offsite production support and evaluation when needed
- Documentation of testing results and making Pass/Fail determinations
- Assist in the investigation of customer concerns
- Panel preparation
- Evaluate samples of materials that have surpassed their stated shelf life.
- Supply shipping/admin with panels, pre-ships, and COAs as needed
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or GED plus a minimum of 4+ year’s related work experience
- The incumbent must have mastered all aspects of testing, measuring, and panel preparation
- Must have evidence of the ability to make accurate PASS/FAIL determinations based on specifications and historical data
- Must possess leadership skills; such as leading by example, training others, and showing evidence of consistent contribution to production efficiency by prioritizing samples and other quality tasks
- Requires proficiency at adjusting color, gloss, texture etc. during a production run, to achieve in-spec product
- Must have excellent attention to detail, be able to document items clearly, provide accurate direction to others, and be able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Must be willing to work overtime as required and have the flexibility for continuous changes in daily assignments
- Demonstrated skill for powder coating adjustments is necessary
- Good verbal and written communications skills along with strong problem solving skills are essential
- Computer skills and knowledge are required to work on QC computers and networks
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800019004
Location/Region: Clarksville, IA