Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Practice Manager II
at one our our anesthesia practices in Maitland, Florida. As the Practice Manager II you are responsible for the effective management of all assigned facilities through: deployment of clinical providers; implementation of corporate policies, procedures and initiatives; and acts as primary liaison with practice providers, clinical leadership and clients. Responsibilities Facility:
- Understand hospital contractual requirements (quality, financial, satisfaction) and educate providers appropriately. Coordinate the renewal or modification of said contract with Practice Leader approval.
- Educate facility/key hospital personnel on the Envisoin Physican Services product lines (ER, Anesthesia, Children’s Services, Envoy) and services, including Envisoin Physican Services’s quality program. Understand, in turn, the needs and quality program of the hospital.
- Present quality data to the hospital.
- Ensure facility adoption of standard forms.
- Facilitate adoption of hospital EMR where necessary.
- Liaise with the hospital to facilitate problem resolution and goal setting.
- Interface and network with hospital departments and attend applicable meetings.
- Be aware of local developments and identify potential threats and opportunities, including identification of available ER, Anesthesia and Children’s Services vendors and any issues with the administration’s satisfaction with those services. Escalate to the Practice Leader as warranted.
- Assist HR in interface with provider for benefit enrollment, FMLA, work related injuries, etc.
- Serve as the primary source of contact and communication for Physicians.
- Assist facility leadership in counseling and coaching staff.
- Work with Credentialing to facilitate urgent credentialing issues such as deficient records, renewal of privileges, missing licensure/certifications, etc.
- Initiate and coordinate staff meetings.
- Manage onboarding process for assigned facilities (facility orientation, access cards, introductions, etc.).
- Respond to other operational issues as they arise.
Recruitment & Provider Relations:
- Routinely utilize quality reports as tools to provide continuous performance feedback to department leadership and staff.
- Train providers on event reporting procedure & never events.
- Provide on-site training for initiatives.
- Distribute policies and ensure adherence.
- Perform necessary site reviews to ensure compliance with NCQA, JCAHO and other regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- EMS Coordination
- Audit departmental meetings.
- Interface with the Documentation Education Department and coordinate activity as necessary; ensure coding and documentation improvements are sustained.
- Provide appropriate operational work tools to providers (performance evaluations, etc.).
- Interact with Central Services as necessary to ensure effective and efficient functioning of facilities. Effectively manage the recruitment process for all open positions at the facility.
- Submit request form to Central Services for each open position at facility. Review the provider staffing list, and ensure all providers are accurately represented.
- Review the provider staffing vacancy list, and ensure accuracy.
- Notify labor control immediately of any potential upcoming vacancies.
- Lead the recruitment effort for open positions through the interface with Sheridan affiliated providers at the site, the Chief provider, and Sheridan’s sourcing solution, Envoy. Interface with the provider directly through face-to-face interviews, selection in concert with MD leadership, and orientation.
- Navigate the corporate processing system for new hires; including but not limited to requesting a contract, assuring that all applicable forms from HR, payroll and credentialing are mailed, received, and returned completed. Track all information and log and follow-up on missing items. Closely monitor the credentialing progress to assure candidate is successfully processed internally and at the facility as close to the preferred start date as possible.
- For existing providers, process all provider contractual requirements. Coordinate employment contract amendments or other changes in provider staffing and compensation. Assure generation of proper Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for various sign-on bonuses, stipends, tails, moving expenses as well as Employee Advance Request Forms (EARFs) for promissory notes.
- Depending upon site, attend with Envoy recruitment functions/meetings.
Customer Service & Development
- Act as liaison with Accounting and Finance to resolve financial-related practice and/or budget issues.
- Ensure effective labor management of facilities through: intimate understanding of the schedule at the facility, provision of e guidance and support where necessary to assure the most cost-effective solution is being employed. Coordinate with facility’s Clinical Leader and division leaders to cover vacancies, vacations, and other scheduling issues.
- Engage the use of per diems, locums, and agency providers as necessary; ensure usage is monitored and appropriate.
- Understand monthly labor costs as they relate to budgets and proactively take action to resolve issues by working collaboratively with the Practice Leader.
- Maintain working knowledge of budgets and contract type and how they impact both of these.
- Monitor pay for performance incentives.
- Participate in creation of facility budgets.
- Meet regularly (as determined by department policy) with assigned facility administration to:
- Identify any projected changes in service requirements that would change our provider schedule and thus our cost. Proactively address those changes through the education of hospital managers. Escalate issues to the Practice Leader as needed.
- Serve as liaison with customers including patients, surgeons, and other hospital personnel to assess client satisfaction.
- Train, develop and evaluate site employees when necessary.
- Interface with Corporate resources as necessary, including: Central Services, Human Resources, Revenue Cycle Management, and Payroll, to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the practices at each facility. Serve as the primary point of contact for each assigned facility.
- Communicate activities, events and concerns to the appropriate responsible parties.
- Where multiple service lines exist within the same facility, ensure a reasonable level of coordination and interaction with other practice managers.
- Participate in facility start-ups and acquisitions as assigned.
- Actively participate in Kaizen related events, supports & participates in Lean efforts and implements standard work.
- Implement necessary communication mechanisms to ensure that the practices are provided with up-to-date information on corporate policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Keep upper management informed of key happenings and events.
- Read and abide by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs.
- Report any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company.
- Obtain clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or university and 4-6 years’ experience in multi practice management; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internal Billing System (AS400, Children’s Services Notes, MISYS Vision)
To be considered, candidates must submit verifiable prior employment for the past seven years including title, dates of hire and salary history and will be subject to a criminal background check. Education is also verified. If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts!
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. #LI-MS1
Internal ID: 2020-22910
Location/Region: Maitland, FL