1. PRIMARY PURPOSE: To assist all the laboratory-based tasks in Research and Development Department.
2. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager of Research and Development.
- Assist in researching products and information for the lab
- Calibrate standard laboratory equipment
- Assist in preparing test soils and other related products
- Package test soil
- Assist in running biochemical tests in the lab
- Assist in production of biochemical test in the lab
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced
- Perform other product development and laboratory tasks on an as-needed basis
4. SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science, chemistry or related field.
- Meet qualifications of job through education, training or prior experience.
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal job instructions and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Adequate computer skills for details of the job.
5. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Wear face masks and PPE for production runs
- May require sitting or standing for long periods of time depending on the project
- Able to do precise measurements
- Able to problem solve
- Able to trouble shoot
- Able to analyze & interpret data
6. EQUIPMENT USED:
- Analytical Scales, Steam Sterilizer, Spectrophotometer, pH Meter, Ball Mill, Sieve Shaker, Micropipettes, Vortex Mixer, Cappers, Crimpers, Robots, Ultrasonic Baths, Centrifuge, Shaker, Incubator, Laminar Air Flow Hood, Hot Plate, Magnetic Stirrer, Dispenser, Computer, Scanner, Copier, Printer, Telephone.
7. ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
Location/Region: Fraser, MI (48026)