Educational Aide / Parapro / Assistant/ESL Aide
Hamilton County Educational Service Center
Hamilton County ESC - website
TITLE: ESL Language Support Personnel Part and Full time
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have an associate degree (or higher) from an accredited institution of higher education; or at least 48 semester hours of higher education from an accredited institution; Certification in Teaching and/or ESL endorsements preferred.
REPORTS TO: ESL Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide support to Native Language Speaking students and assist Classroom teachers with instructional support to enhance academic achievement of students.
1. Can administer assessments of language proficiency such as initial assessments and annual assessments requires by the state.
2. Must provide in-class instruction as directed by teacher utilizing native language supports
3. Must be flexible and dependable while maintaining confidentiality of students and families
4. Have good collaboration skills to work with mainstream teachers, ESL staff and other staff members in the school.
5. Maintain classroom management of small groups of students in the target language.
6. Must be able to communicate clearly in target language and in English in the domains of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
7. Adheres to all HCESC policies as outlined in the employee handbook
8. Conduct yourself with proper interpreter protocol (adhering to what was said, not interjecting your thoughts, speaking respectfully and directly to persons involved).
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports and advocates for students in the classroom, school and the community.
2. Accompanies students on field trips and in community training and inclusive settings.
3. Provide professional development to staff on the role of Native Language Supports personnel.
4. Participate in student staffing, and educational team meetings for tiers of intervention support.
5. Must satisfy all job-related training and attendance requirements.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Salary per current salary schedule
2. School calendar adopted or any amendments there to –
3. Fulfill all duties in connection with his/her job assignments as he/she may be directed to perform.
1. Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board’s policy on evaluation of Native Language Supports personnel.
Submit your application to: www.ohioteachingjobs.org and Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County ESC
11083 Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45231
- ESL Language Support Personnel (1).pdf
Email To A Friend
Openings as of 2/4/2020
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH