Job Title: Environmental Technician I
Position Purpose: Under general supervision, performs routine and frequent manual and heavy labor tasks to properly treat, store, pack, transport and/or dispose of hazardous waste in accordance with environmentally responsible and cost effective practices and ESOL policies, practices and procedures.
Job requires maintenance of records, accuracy and attention to detail, the ability to follow instruction and to work independently once proper training provided.
Key Job Activities: 1) Consolidate material to be treated on-site and/or shipped for offsite disposal
2) May assist in maintaining inventory and storage of hazardous materials in accordance with appropriate regulations and Stericycle policies, practices, and procedures.
3) Follow all Health & Safety/Job Safety Analysis (JSA's) procedures as outlined in Stericycle procedures and policies.
4) Operate fork trucks and other heavy equipment when properly trained to assist in the movement of containers to storage, treatment, and/or loading/unloading of trailers.
5) Complete paperwork legibly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
6) May collect samples of inbound waste for laboratory analysis per internal policies, procedures, and/or protocols.
7) Assist in other areas of the location as directed.Education:
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
Preferred Years of Experience: 0-2
Location/Region: Avalon, TX (76623)