We're in search of a Psychiatrist for our clinic in Columbia, South Carolina. Due to the urgency of the vacancy, we are willing to provide exceptional compensation. Please see the below details and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
- Position: Psychiatrist
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Requirements: Active SC license, DEA, & Board Certification or Eligibility
- Compensation: $210 - $240/hour (based on availability & qualifications)
- Setting: Inpatient
- Schedule: Full time (40 hours per week)
- Start Date:ASAP
- End Date: 60 - 90 Day Assignment
- Spanish speaking preferred
- No Call
- Adult only
- Travel, Lodging, and Malpractice insurance included
- If you're a golfer, there are excellent courses within 5 miles of the site.
- Weekly Direct Deposits!
- Conducts admission and evaluation including a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders, and formulation of the patients’ capacity to consent.
- Initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
- Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness.
- Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of hospitalization including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patient’s admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patients discharge.
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient’s medical record. Properly documents on patients charts as required by 95-6 or applicable State Standards, Joint Commission and other regulations. Insures quality and legibility of his/her written orders and progress notes.
- Supervises the overall Psychiatric care received by the patients, reviews and oversees the treatment plan, leadership on the multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff and students, and clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Takes appropriate steps to insure early detection of patients’ competency and readiness for discharge. Provides timely and complete reports to the court. Effectively prescribes and monitors psychotropic medications aimed at reducing psychiatric symptoms, restoration of competence and community discharge.
- Participates in at least 90% of the department’s meetings unless excused by his/her supervisor. Participates in assigned additional workgroups. Participates in assigned committees.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and complies with special precautions, disaster and fire safety procedures, assists with finding alternatives to seclusion and restraint, knowledge of abuse reporting.
- Is sensitive to cultural diversity issues, treats patients as individuals, and considers the culture of the patients when providing care and treatment.
- Is knowledgeable about care and treatment needs of patients of different ages. Provides individualized care and treatment that is consistent with/sensitive to the age and life span developmental needs of each patient.
- Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
For immediate consideration, be sure to apply.
Location/Region: COLUMBIA, SC 29203