As a Senior Mechanical Estimator, you will help to estimate above and below ground piping on a variety of projects throughout the US. In this role you will focus on mechanical process piping and underground utilities work utilized in complex building projects.
- Analyze, review and interpret engineering contracts, plans and specifications to develop detailed, comprehensive construction estimates.
- Manage the estimating function and associated workflow in an estimating environment as it relates to the associated scope of work. Coordinate input from internal and external groups required for estimates and proposals.
- Ensure estimating and proposal activities are in accordance to standards.
- Prepare and provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with subcontractors and material vendors throughout the estimating process, including quantity takeoff, pricing, solicitation of bids and constructability input.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Mechanical, Civil, Construction Management, Drafting or related fields is preferred. • 5+ years’ experience in water/waste water construction/estimating • Background in hard bid and design build procurement • Strong background in Excel. Experience preferred but not required with BlueBeam. • Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills. • Must be open to relocation and have the ability to travel and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player. • Experience/exposure to multiple facets of Engineering • Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. • Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide clients the industry’s best of both engineering, procurement, and construction.
EOE, M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.
Excel, Microsoft Word, P6 Scheduling, Power Point, Expedition, Procore, E-mail
Rich benefit package and 100% Employee Owned Company.