This position will be part of the CPI Support Tools development team responsible for delivering software solutions designed to support/enhance CPI’s products. The Software Engineer will be expected to:
- Design, develop, unit test and release (predominantly) PC based software solutions, although some work may be expected on some of CPI’s embedded tool platforms as well
- Provide a good level of support for these applications by working with other CPI departments and team members based in the US, UK and Ukraine
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, code and implement new product features and enhancements and fix bugs. High quality and on-time delivery of these is expected
- Complete unit and developer testing to ensure code is of good quality before handing to QA team
- Generation of project/product documentation, including design, requirements, specifications, help, design proving and software release documentation
- Actively log/document all issues encountered and solutions developed in CPI’s issue tracking tool, Jira
- Provide application support to CPI production/test engineering and technical support teams on an as needed basis by interacting/communicating with other departments to help solve their issues
- Respond to and handle Jira issues/Salesforce cases when assigned by support tools manager
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ software development experience in an object oriented environment
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies, and working with remote teams, are a plus
Key Attributes for Success:
- Experience with Microsoft development technologies including Visual Studio, .NET framework development essential.
- Experience in .NET Core development desirable.
- Development experience in C++ and C# essential. Java and C experience also desirable.
- Strong knowledge of software design methodologies e.g UML
- Strong knowledge of unit and developer test methodologies. Test driven development experience would be a plus.
- Interest in continual technical learning.
- Experience with GUI technologies such as WPF/PRISM desirable.
- Good oral and telephonic communication skills
- Good technical writing abilities
- Excellent software development practice and process skills, iterative (SCRUM) or Agile preferred
- Experience with issue tracking and source code version control tools. Jira and Perforce desirable.
- Ability to quickly analyze data/situations and draw relevant conclusions to have positive effects on business in a complex environment; ability to make decisions to achieve desired results
- Ability to make oral and written presentations; ability and confidence to present opinions and thoughts in a clear, unbiased manner
- Up to 10% travel.
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Sick time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Onsite gym
- 401K with Company contribution
- Discounts for childcare
- Community involvement
- Opportunities to travel and work at our global sites
Be a part of Crane Payment Innovations (CPI) and Crane Co.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides products and solutions to customers in four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Payment & Merchandising Technologies. Crane has approximately 11,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA