Join a Company Ranked in the Top 2% by Clients & Employees for the past 5+ Years….
We are rapidly growing and looking for a highly motivated Recruiting Researcher to join our team at our corporate office in Westchester, IL (and branch in Brookfield, WI.
At Sterling, you will be a part of an award-winning, employee-owned, technical/engineering recruitment leader. We provide project, contract-to-hire, and direct hire staffing support both locally and nationally to a variety of diverse industries which include food, pharmaceutical, transportation, consumer products, energy, oil & gas, and many others.
WHAT MAKES OUR TEAM DIFFERENT?
We are Employee Owned! Our team is highly driven, competitive and is working toward expanding an already exceptional organization! Our team’s performance is significantly rewarded and recognized. Each individual’s contributions make a significant impact on the whole.
We provide a good medium for teamwork and individual achievement. Our goal as a team is to provide everyone with the tools and support to be successful entrepreneurs, and to assist you in building your own career.
WHAT ROLE WILL YOU PLAY?
Sterling is searching for an Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Billing Specialist. The successful candidate will join our team to operate and improve our billing, AR and AP processes with the goal of promoting straight-through-processing and improving DSO.
He or she should be extremely detail-oriented, with demonstrated problem-solving skills, experienced in communicating with customers and suppliers and a team player. Sterling runs many of its businesses on a weekly cycle, so there is high volume accompanied by transaction processing deadlines. The professional who joins our team will be cross-trained with other members of the Accounting Team. The responsibilities and duties are as follows:
1) Prepare invoices for our customers.
2) Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions; consistently exhibiting poise, composure and confidence when dealing with stressful or high-pressure situations.
3) Process cash application in MSFT Dynamics’ AR system.
4) Reduce DSO through progressive collections practices on past-due accounts with escalation to management as needed.
5) Responsible for front to back AP processing in MSFT Dynamics.
6) Assist with Expense Report processing.
7) Cross-training with report generation and payroll processing with ADP.
8) Initializing and participating in process improvement within the Accounting Team,
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
2) 3+ years of experience in high volume AR, Collections, AP and Billing
3) Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on collections and vendor relations
4) Experience with customer service and client communications
5) Demonstrated interest or experience in process improvement methods; especially related to the collections process.
6) Demonstrated ability to make a high volume of phone calls and create and send an e-mail regarding collection activities
7) Advanced Excel skills – familiar with Pivot tables and V Lookups
8) Microsoft Dynamics GP skills are required
9) General understanding of Payroll processes
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
· To become an Owner in Sterling Engineering, by earning Stock Ownership annually, as well as company contributions into your 401k!
· To be surrounded by a team who is passionate, loyal, competitive, and driven
· Along with highly competitive base compensation, to be additionally rewarded for individual contributions and recognized for your successes with commissions, quarterly & annual bonuses, trips and the like
· To receive consistent training and professional development
· The ability to create your own career path within a fast-growing organization
Sterling Engineering provides high-quality technical recruitment, information technology solutions, and engineering project services to hundreds of clients throughout the Chicago and Milwaukee regions. Sterling Engineering is known for an exceptional ability to deliver: Technical Engineering - With over a 40 year singular focus on technical, engineering and technician disciplines has given Sterling the in-depth knowledge, industry expertise and robust employee pipeline it takes to rapidly deliver ideal candidates for even the most difficult-to-fill requirements. Sterling’s extensive recruitment methodology allows us to engage the most talented employees in the marketplace. Information Technology Services - Our team, bringing with them over 35 years of IT talent acquisition expertise and specializing in the Microsoft Technology Stack, has established a track record of consistency and success placing seasoned professionals in applications development, infrastructure engineering, and project management. Engineering Project Services - Managed engineering teams consisting of multi-disciplined professionals that will support your project from the initial concept phase through the implementation phase. Our engineering teams – consisting of multi-disciplined engineers, designers and detailers – are experts at supporting projects from initial concept through implementation phase.