The Security Control Assessor (SCA) independently assesses the adequacy and compliance of security controls applied to United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) information systems. The role of the assessor includes the authorizing activities supporting validation, verification and preparation of RMF packages for approval by the Government SCA and Authorization Official (AO). The assessor must be competent in all phases of the Risk Management Framework, and directly supports the Government Security Controls Assessor (SCA).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently review security artifacts provided by program offices and other organizations, and assess both the technical and functional adequacy of the cyber security/information assurance controls.
- Perform the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) role within the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) tool to include providing feedback to submitters on non-compliant security controls.
- Create and process RMF authorization packages, and track packages from submission to approval/disapproval
- Maintain and execute processes for reviewing and routing of authorization packages, and generate process metrics
- Develop, update and manage listing of recommended enterprise security controls/enhancement, and a list of security controls that are available for inheritance (e.g. common controls) by USTRANSCOM programs and systems
- Manage eMASS user accounts for USTRANSCOM
- Implement and execute the Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS) Program as directed in Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction 8551.01, and to use and provide guidance on the DoD PPS Management (PPSM) system
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience OR a total of 9 years of related experience.
- An IAM Level II certification is required, and the ability to obtain Certified Ethical Hacker or equivalent certification within 6 months is required.
- The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
- Experience with DoD RMF tool eMass is highly desired.
- Experience with the XACTA tool and PPSM is desired.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
- Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
- Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
- Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
SecuriGence LLC (SG) is an agile, HUBZone Certified, minority and Veteran-owned small disadvantaged business headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Established in April 2010 we have been supporting the Department of Defense and other United States Civil agencies in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, Cyber Security, and Cloud/Virtualization Management.
Location/Region: Scott Air Force Base, IL