Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Every successful team At NIKE, Inc. Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Every effective team at Nike needs a great game plan. Strategic Planning teams shape & strengthen the company's growth agenda by leading the business planning processes, aligning enterprise leadership to make our biggest opportunities a reality, and spearheading transformational projects across Nike's diverse businesses and geographies.
As our Strategic Planning Director, Global Nike Training, you'll support the VP/Global GM of Nike Training in leading the strategic and business planning processes; authoring 1 to 3+ year strategic and business plans, organizing and running key strategic meetings, and working with the leadership team to drive the strategic agenda. You'll lead the constant quest to champion the Consumer; mining insights to drive action that will pave the way we will serve Consumers in the future. You'll also help drive communication to deliver strategic plans and visions across the organization. You'll partner with the Training leadership team to develop overall long-term business and financial models and assist leadership in building and implementing strategic initiatives. You'll lead the development and ongoing management of tools and processes to execute against the strategic and business plans, establishing scorecard metrics to monitor the strategic plan and communicating critical reports. You'll lead cross-functional special project teams in support of general management to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and catalyze actions to address these priorities in service of the holistic strategic vision.
Doing all this requires a unique team member. You'll be a thought partner to the GM & broader leadership team, and a thoughtful provocateur. You must have a digital-first mindset, be a self-starter, a flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator, as well as comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across multiple functions but also across multiple geographies, while leveraging Nike's matrix to get things done. Success will depend on your ability to quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and drive deliverables. You'll also communicate strategic plans and visions across the organization influencing overall long-term business and financial models and assist leadership in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to serve the Consumer. WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of professional work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or a related field.
- OR, MBA plus 6 years of experience (2+ years' experience post-MBA).
- OR, in lieu of a degree, 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Confirmed ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth
- Successful track record liaising with and influencing executive level professionals to drive business outcomes
- Mastery of business communication tools and verbal/written communication to promote conceptual understanding and mobilize change through storytelling
- Experience in digital and/or brick and mortar (B&M) retail highly a plus
- Interest and exposure to retail industry trends, consumer shopping behavior and physical/digital integration highly preferred
- Experience visioning the future of consumer experience, shopping and omni-channel retail highly preferred
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Location/Region: Beaverton, OR