Ortho2, a leading provider of cloud based orthodontic practice management solutions, is looking for Lead UI/UX Designer, to join our product development team in our Ames, Iowa office. We need someone who is passionate about creating innovative user experience solutions for our software and apps to ensure our customers’ success, all while staying on top of the latest trends and technologies for our industry. The right candidate will be motivated to fill this new position and be ready to make an immediate impact.
- Perform product and user research to identify standards, behaviors, and client needs.
- Conduct concept and usability testing to understand product specifications.
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs.
- Analyze workflows and user interactions, and work closely with the team to define and design software requirements.
- Create engaging, highly usable, and intuitive designs and layouts.
- Oversee the organization and prioritization of projects, communication of progress, and expected milestones.
- Validate design enhancements and solutions by developing and completing usability testing, evaluation patterns, and user feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3+ years of proven UI/UX design and interactive work experience.
- Experience with prototyping with UX design tools required.
- CSS, HTML, and Java Script not required, but would be a plus.
- Must be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems.
- Must enjoy working with a level of autonomy, while still having the ability to establish cross-functional relationships and understanding of IT development and business processes.
- Excellent project management and communication skills to ensure deadlines are a must.
- Must provide a portfolio of design projects.
Location/Region: Ames, IA