The Mission of the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio is to reduce the impact of poverty by providing furniture to central Ohio families and individuals struggling with severe life challenges.
Our Vision is for all central Ohio families to live in furnished homes, thereby strengthening family units, improving quality of life and building a better community. Community collaborations and resource sharing make this possible on an ongoing basis.
- Delivers furniture to client's homes, both inside and curbisde as required within committed time frames.
- Lift, carry, and load furniture weighing up to 100 pounds, onto box trucks for transport.
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Possess and maintain a clean driving record.
- Re-stock, clean, and organize the client warehouse and showroom.
- Complete daily paperwork including receipts, deliveries, and inventory transfers in a complete, legible, and timely manner.
- Transfer furniture and other items from warehouse and retail locations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid Driver's License with no DUI convictions within previous 3 years.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs
- Previous experience driving 16' and 26' box trucks preferred.
Positions are available in the West Columbus, North Columbus, and Lancaster areas.
The Furniture Bank of Central Ohio offers a competitive benefits package including 7 paid holidays, PTO, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) and safe harbor retirement contributions.The hourly wage starts between $13.00 and $15.00 per hour with opportunity for advancement into leadership roles. Drivers can expect to work an average of 40-45 hours per week, with some overtime required.